Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 24618 times)

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1080 on: July 01, 2020, 05:41:22 PM »
Despite all the hype in the newspapers south of the border, Nicola has once again made it clear that she has no plans to quarantine visitors from England. However, she has said that if there were a danger of the virus coming into Scotland from elsewhere in the UK or indeed Internationally she would not take such an action off the table. Just as New York has done with southern states in the US, as Germany has done between Landers and as Australia has done between states there. I am sure that England would quarantine visitors from Scotland if the virus got out of control here.
And that is despite, after ten days with no cases, Dumfries and Galloway have a cluster of five linked to an outbreak in north-west England, and despite an issue at RAF Lossiemouth with English contractors (very much played down on today's Update). Me, I'd build Trump's wall, virus or no virus.  :D
Is that Alister Jack not a revolting creature?

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #1081 on: July 01, 2020, 05:54:13 PM »
As someone who voted Tory in the last election, I think Jackson Carlaw is the biggest waste of space in Scottish politics. I watch the Scottish Update every day and I am becoming a big fan of Nicola. No politics in her handling of the pandemic, just clear, straight-talking.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #1082 on: July 01, 2020, 06:54:38 PM »
As someone who voted Tory in the last election, I think Jackson Carlaw is the biggest waste of space in Scottish politics. I watch the Scottish Update every day and I am becoming a big fan of Nicola. No politics in her handling of the pandemic, just clear, straight-talking.
Yes. The Tories try to make out that she's playing politics with this but to me she appears to be playing it straight and they are just trying to get at her.
"Please Sir. It was Nicola Sturgeon that wrote on your board when you were out, Sir."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 08:18:41 PM by JimSh »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #1083 on: July 01, 2020, 08:16:09 PM »
I watch the Scottish Update every day and I am becoming a big fan of Nicola. No politics in her handling of the pandemic, just clear, straight-talking.

Other half is not really into politics, but she's made exactly the same comments about Nicola Sturgeon. Her approach and the stage managed farce we have had to watch are like chalk and cheese.

The UK Government briefings are now gone, they knew these local lockdowns were on the way last week. Pillar 2 testing results indicating breakouts of the virus have been withheld, even from local Health Boards - most notably in Leicester, but coming to a town near you soon.

The Leicester Pillar 2 testing which has finally been released is showing new infections at 10 times the officially recorded numbers for the area.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #1084 on: July 01, 2020, 08:27:25 PM »

Pillar 2 testing results indicating breakouts of the virus have been withheld, even from local Health Boards - most notably in Leicester, but coming to a town near you soon.

The Leicester Pillar 2 testing which has finally been released is showing new infections at 10 times the officially recorded numbers for the area.

" Data from central government was “patchy” and made dealing with outbreaks like “playing a game of battleships” because postcode data was not always supplied."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/30/rising-coronavirus-infections-in-pockets-of-uk-raise-fears-of-further-local-lockdowns

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #1085 on: July 01, 2020, 08:27:41 PM »
Public Health England appear to be run by control freaks unwilling to share anything.   
I would also add "incompetent "

They have all this local information - and have had it for months and only now are sharing it..After over 3 months of covid...

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #1086 on: July 01, 2020, 10:48:05 PM »
Even Boris has said that PHE is too slow in acting and there is doubt about it's future.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #1087 on: July 01, 2020, 11:47:48 PM »
Even Boris has said that PHE is too slow in acting and there is doubt about it's future.

Whatever happens, they're going to need somebody to take the blame.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #1088 on: July 02, 2020, 07:14:19 AM »
Whatever happens, they're going to need somebody to take the blame.

Yup, we’re progressing nicely through the six stages of any major project:
1. Enthusiasm,
2. Disillusionment,
3. Panic, hysteria and overtime,
4. Hunt for the guilty,
5. Punishment of the innocent,
6. Reward for the uninvolved.
Currently transitioning from Stage 3 to Stage 4.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #1089 on: July 02, 2020, 08:18:46 AM »
Govt Policy
1. Try to pretend it isn’t happening.
2. Panic!
3. Throw money at large outsourcing companies
4. Dissemble, prevaricate and lie
5. Blame the scientists
6. Blame the people.

All 6 stages operational simultaneously
Edit. Had a wee think on my walk and I now reckon that the stage they are at is transitioning from stage 5 to 6 after the weekend.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 10:51:56 AM by JimSh »

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #1090 on: July 02, 2020, 08:38:39 AM »
Public Health England appear to be run by control freaks unwilling to share anything.   
I would also add "incompetent "

They have all this local information - and have had it for months and only now are sharing it..After over 3 months of covid...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/01/why-is-there-a-delay-in-sharing-covid-19-test-data-with-english-councils

It's a blame game
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/01/experts-say-ministers-are-blaming-public-health-england-over-covid-19-errors
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 08:52:37 AM by JimSh »

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #1091 on: July 02, 2020, 09:30:47 AM »

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #1092 on: July 02, 2020, 06:10:31 PM »
Big stushie about Airbridges today. UK government blaming Scotland for holding them up but on the Scottish Update today it was explained that half an hour before yesterday's four nations meeting the plans were released to the governments. By the meeting, the plans had changed. Then later in the evening, another statement revised the plans further.
Seemingly the UK government makes a policy then announces it to the other three devolved administrations for discussion and if they don't agree with it then they are blocking it. As for Airbridges, it is not just Scotland that is blocking the UK's proposals.
When Nicola was asked what was said about Airbridges at the last COBRA meeting it was pointed out there has not been a COBRA meeting since May!

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #1093 on: July 02, 2020, 08:24:45 PM »
AS I have said before, Government policy is to announce first and think later.
Airbridges is just another example of it..

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #1094 on: July 02, 2020, 09:14:45 PM »
Big stushie about Airbridges today. UK government blaming Scotland for holding them up but on the Scottish Update today it was explained that half an hour before yesterday's four nations meeting the plans were released to the governments. By the meeting, the plans had changed. Then later in the evening, another statement revised the plans further.
Seemingly the UK government makes a policy then announces it to the other three devolved administrations for discussion and if they don't agree with it then they are blocking it. As for Airbridges, it is not just Scotland that is blocking the UK's proposals.
When Nicola was asked what was said about Airbridges at the last COBRA meeting it was pointed out there has not been a COBRA meeting since May!
Who would you believe Shapps (or Green or Fox) or Sturgeon?

[links removed by Admin]

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/quarantine-row-deepens-after-scottish-government-blamed-air-bridges-delay-2901954

Edit added links
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 10:43:20 AM by RichardA »

Tags:

anything