Author Topic: Fluid leak  (Read 996 times)

Greentricky

• Registered Member
Fluid leak
« on: January 02, 2020, 08:36:27 PM »
I noticed yesterday after my Jazz had been stood for a while having completed a 200 mile journey that some liquid had leaked out on to the ground. Waking up this morning it appeared more had leaked overnight, I checked fluid levels and all seemed OK with the exception of washer fluid but this was used a lot so might of been low anyway (have just refilled it to see if it stays full overnight).

Putting my phone under the car and taking a picture directly above the small puddle, I can see this white drain? I assume the liquid has come from here as no where else appears to have signs of fluids from the video I took. Can someone please can confirm what this drain connects to? Looking online and not found anything useful but wondering if its off the climate control. It was cold yesterday so the heater was on most of the journey.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Fluid leak
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 08:50:41 PM »
I think that is the condensate drain from the CC. Any moisture extracted from the air drains from here.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 08:51:53 PM »
Its the condensate from airconditioning - water that the aircon removes from incoming air often freezes on the heat exchanger inside the car when aircon is running  and when car is parked it melts off and runs out of the heat exchanger and down the drain tube.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Greentricky

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 10:59:19 PM »
Thanks both for confirming

Tags: