Author Topic: Not locking on Fob  (Read 1315 times)

TomFum

• Approved Member
    • DJs Unite
  • My Honda: GG6 Jazz Si
Not locking on Fob
« on: December 21, 2019, 12:00:36 PM »
Morning All

My 2013 SI has an issue where it will lock on the fob, indicators will flash and all is good, then after a night of rain the alarm will go off and it wont lock on the fob anymore meaning i have to lock the car via the key itself. The unlocks on the fob no problem.

Anyone had this issue or is this one of those things im gonna have to go back to honda about?

Thanks peeps :)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Not locking on Fob
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 12:36:13 PM »
Have you tried replacing the fob battery ?

TomFum

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • DJs Unite
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 12:39:01 PM »
The car never has any issues with the fob other than when its been a heavy night of rain. But yeah the battery is fine as it was replaced when i got the car a few months ago  :)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 01:03:02 PM »
I would suspect the car battery may be on its way out. Especially if it is the OEM battery.

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 01:26:50 PM »
Hi

I did not think the si had an alarm system unless one was fitted

So this sounds like an alarm fault but if car battery not been replaced since new - worth changing

Many thanks

John

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 01:56:24 PM »
Low temperatures will drop the voltage on a weak car battery enough to trigger the alarm, and a night of rain will cool things down pretty well,  especially as it is more likely to be sleet at this time of year.   The original battery is over 6 years old and if it is like my sister-in-laws car and does not do many miles the continuous drain on the battery from an alarm will keep it in a low state of charge and cause many problems with the battery. 

I fitted one of these AA charger / maintainer for her ( link below ),  it comes complete with SAE plug and both a fused permanent connection lead ( with ring tags to fit on battery terminal clamp bolts ) and a lead with crocodile clips.  The fused lead is quite long so poked it out through lower part of front grille, where it can be plugged in without opening bonnet.  The SAE plugs are impossible to plug in the wrong way and very rugged and have a waterproof clip-on cover permanently attached.  It defaults to 12volts charge,  and as long as it is plugged into car battery if you have a power cut at your house it remembers exactly where it was in the charge cycle and resumes when power restored...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DW6RHN2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and an extension lead lead to reach up the driveway...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N7CEV00/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 09:39:17 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

TomFum

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • DJs Unite
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 06:10:11 PM »
So ive been out in the car and got home and it locked on the key fob, but the alarm just went off again. The car battery is a good shout, but the dealership i bought it from said they replaced before i bought it as it was knackered

So im thinking they may of been telling me lies. Good shout on the battery, i could do with testing it. I dont have a drive way, i have to park away from my house (which is more of a ball ache) But good advice people. I shall give the battery a look into for sure.

If not i guess i gotta take it back to honda as its under a years warranty too.

I shall let you know my findings

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 07:30:31 PM »
Just take it back to them and tell them the battery is flat in the mornings. That you have had to get a jump start on a couple of occasions. See what they do.

TomFum

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • DJs Unite
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 08:08:22 PM »
Yer i may swing down to my local honda dealer tomorrow and have a word. Its the standard alarm/immobiliser so its annoying it keeps going off

Tags:

anything