Author Topic: Honda Jazz Mk4 2020  (Read 8347 times)

porew

• My Honda: HRV Sport MY2020, Jazz Hybrid MY2011
Re: Honda Jazz Mk4 2020
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2020, 12:15:13 PM »
Some months ago I was told in my local Honda dealership that Crosstar is 2cm higher and that it's achieved by a different setup on the suspension/spring level... the figures in techspecs say 3cm difference, so let's see in reality :)

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2020, 01:59:30 PM »
Some months ago I was told in my local Honda dealership that Crosstar is 2cm higher and that it's achieved by a different setup on the suspension/spring level... the figures in techspecs say 3cm difference, so let's see in reality :)
Plus 1cm for the roof rails?

Austriaman

• My Honda: Crosstar
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2020, 10:37:19 PM »
Had to visit the dealer for a 6 month check up yesterday and picked up the brochure. I don't really see anything that makes me regret deciding to buy one of the last Mk3s of the production run. The body looks fine but it isn't really any different and if the rear looks more like a Mk1 in my opinion so good but nothing terribly exciting. The interior is good and the visibility even more impressive. And the colour schemes? Well I'll let you decide but I think its more a pitch to the young woman market than the duffer market.
The big pull is the way the new Jazz drives. It's powerful, so smooth and seamless. It was the drive that sold me.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2020, 03:56:02 PM »
Plus 1cm for the roof rails?
Seeing this reminded me to get out my tape measure and a spirit level. I measured the highest part of the roof rails on one side to be 1560mm and the other side 1590mm (my old tarmac parking place isn't flat) which gives an average to the top of the rails as 1575mm. The highest part of the roof is in the middle and is about 25mm below the top of the roof rails, ie 1550mm (the rails are about 48mm higher than the sides of the roof). Honda give the Crosstar height as 1556mm so that's evidently the vehicle height excluding the rails.

The big pull is the way the new Jazz drives. It's powerful, so smooth and seamless. It was the drive that sold me.
It's the effortless power under my normal driving conditions that I like. Earlier Jazzes have the power provided the engine is revved but the Mk. 4 will shift off the line with a gentle touch of the accelerator and is also very responsive to slight changes in the accelerator position.

While the brake hold feature is very useful, it leaves me wondering where to put my right foot while waiting to move because, if I touch the accelerator then the vehicle will move.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Mk3 EX CVT, Red
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2020, 09:45:26 PM »
Hi Guys
One question that my dealer does not seem to be able to answer is: How does the transmission react when descending a very steep hill, one where in a manual gearbox car, you would maybe change down to 3rd or even 2nd gear to provide engine braking.

You may Say,  in the ĎBí drive position the car would attempt to charge the battery, but what if the battery is already fully charged?  I canít imagine the the braking resistance generated by charging the battery is anything like what would be generated by the engine in a low gear.

As I understand it, the engine directly drives the generator without any gear reduction.

I donít think think I would like to descend Porlock hill or some of the Devon banks, relying entirely of the brakes, or am I just old fashioned?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2020, 10:05:35 PM »
Someone in another thread said that the motor/generator tries to turn the engine and this provides the engine braking.

I have driven The Pass of the Cattle on several occasions, in an automatic, and never felt the need to come out of Drive.
Modern brakes will cope with any steep descent in the UK without overheating or fading.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Mk3 EX CVT, Red
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2020, 10:44:53 PM »
Hi Jocko

From the photos shown, that is certainly the sort of hill Iím talking about.
In my Mk3 I would certainly flick the paddle to change down to a lower gear, aa it would reduce the breaking effort required and of course the unnecessary  wear.
As I understand it , there arenít any paddles on the Mk4, so you must rely entirely on your brakes, which as an old school driver I would not be happy with.
Many years ago, I did experience total brake failure, not something I would like to repeat!

hotweiss

• Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2020, 09:12:51 PM »
Hi Guys
One question that my dealer does not seem to be able to answer is: How does the transmission react when descending a very steep hill, one where in a manual gearbox car, you would maybe change down to 3rd or even 2nd gear to provide engine braking.

You may Say,  in the ĎBí drive position the car would attempt to charge the battery, but what if the battery is already fully charged?  I canít imagine the the braking resistance generated by charging the battery is anything like what would be generated by the engine in a low gear.

As I understand it, the engine directly drives the generator without any gear reduction.

I donít think think I would like to descend Porlock hill or some of the Devon banks, relying entirely of the brakes, or am I just old fashioned?

That is what B is for. B is for engine break not battery.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2020, 09:43:57 PM »
That is what B is for. B is for engine break not battery.
Drive B. Used when driving down a long hill and to increase regenerative braking
From page 27 of the manual.
Regenerative braking is not engine braking and is used to charge the battery.

hotweiss

• Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2020, 10:09:01 PM »
OK, I was told that B is used for descending down hills. I had it on my Lexus CT...

Tags: news jazz 

anything