Author Topic: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV  (Read 1179 times)

Mellorshark

• My Honda: Jazz EX
Re: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 08:55:48 PM »
Just discovered more information on the website.
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/my-honda-plus/frequently-asked-questions.html#filter-1=1&filter-2=1&filter-3=1
To connect you need to be sat in the car, power on, seat belt buckled and the car in drive ready mode.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2020, 06:40:22 PM »
I asked my dealer about the delay in getting the verification code and was told to contact Honda UK. So I did and, after explaining the problem and spending several minutes on hold, was told that it is a known problem which they hope to fix this week.

Once I get the app working on my phone then it's necessary to arrange to visit the dealer to activate the connectivity on the vehicle.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 1st short run 81mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2020, 12:09:28 PM »
Since connectivity is feature of the new Jazz, activation of the Telematics Control Unit should really be part of the PDI process, even if it involved contacting the new owner first. New car owners do not have to take the car back to the dealer to get the radio or Engine Control Unit activated so why should the TCU be different?

It is disappointing and unacceptable that Honda UK don't seem to have got their act together and sorted My Honda Plus out leaving owners without this functionality!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2020, 01:55:10 PM »
It could be worse - at least the vehicle is very usable without this advertised feature but we should be getting some recompense as beta testers. That the software is often the delaying factor is nothing new - see https://www.economist.com/business/2020/07/18/why-companies-struggle-with-recalcitrant-it which specifically mentions VW's new ID.3. Honda's claim that their hybrid system has benefitted from their F1 work might well be true.

Megansbob

• My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar EX
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2020, 11:37:10 AM »
Hi I have questioned this with my dealer (Greenacre Honda) and they told me they have made enquires and the system is not yet enabled and won't be for at least another month.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 1st short run 81mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2020, 01:57:51 PM »
What a mess Honda (EU) & UK have made of Jazz Connectivity, they have had months to get ready. I hope that they are going to contact owners and compensate them when they finally get their act together. Selling cars knowing that connectivity is not functioning is unacceptable and dishonest.

Surely Honda should be making an official statement on why they have failed to get Jazz connectivity working. I hope that the eCall system is up and running as I think that is a legal requirement.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2020, 03:15:00 PM »
Selling cars knowing that connectivity is not functioning is unacceptable and dishonest.

Microsoft have been selling software like that for decades....

Again,  a real first world problem complaining about software on cars  :-X  ( rather than not having a car and never likely to get one ).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Mellorshark

• My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2020, 01:55:52 PM »
I had the eSIM enabled on my EX on Thursday. This enabled me to validate the app and connect to the car. It does "work " but not very well.  It connected and loaded data from the car two days ago, but has been reluctant to connect since.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2020, 06:44:42 PM »
I tried the app again yesterday and still got the problem of the verification code being delayed so they evidently didn't fix the problem by the end of last week. Perhaps this delay is a man-made problem to camouflage bigger problems with the system.

Austriaman

• My Honda: Crosstar
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2020, 01:06:02 PM »
Have any Jazz 4 owners got working traffic updates on Navigation?My dealer has no info about it. They have a call in to Tech. Services and are awaiting reply.

Have just been to the dealer with my Crosstar,  as no traffic subscription is shown. He checked 2 other cars on site, both the same. I asked him to follow up as he didn't know what to suggest.

Tags: