Author Topic: Sat Nav Map Updates  (Read 1334 times)

ndavey1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2020
Re: Sat Nav Map Updates
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2021, 02:50:49 PM »
On the latest Jazz yup :)
Of course it helps to have a decent phone otherwise known as iPhone  :D

I've never had or would consider IOS over Android. Apple is too locked down and expensive for my liking.
I used to be a big android enthusiast and anti Apple, but Android is too unreliable. With Apple things just work. Iíve read on this forum about issues with android auto, and have experienced this previously. Apple CarPlay just works flawlessly. The constant trying to get android to connect to cars and devices is maddening!

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2021, 03:14:26 PM »
On the latest Jazz yup :)
Of course it helps to have a decent phone otherwise known as iPhone  :D

I've never had or would consider IOS over Android. Apple is too locked down and expensive for my liking.
For phones I would agree with you. For computers the security and stability of Apple iOS can't be beaten and is worth the money.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2021, 03:43:37 PM »
For phones I would agree with you. For computers the security and stability of Apple iOS can't be beaten and is worth the money.

Ever used Linux,  the choice of power users ( pretty much every server / data centre in the world runs on Linux ) and the most stable operating system in the universe... ( and it is available free to anyone who wants it ).   
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2021, 04:07:19 PM »
Agree, I prefer linux for it's flexibility and security. I only maintain an old XP machine to run certain 32 bit software, and I could run XP in a virtual machine if I didn't want it on a separate laptop.

Of course android is based on a linux kernel, so plenty are using it without realising.

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2021, 04:23:02 PM »
Being only user knowledgeable of operating systems I prefer Apple iOS because of the programmes easily available, easily loaded and then just work. Mainly now I'm retired I use Office for word processing, spreadsheet etc. and Photoshop for images plus a bit of video work using Apple software. 
Android phone using MotoG series of phones, relatively inexpensive and plenty of power and memory for my needs.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2021, 06:32:51 PM »
I am on my first Android phone. Previously  I had a Samsung that ran on Symbian. I only ever used it as a phone. My wife has had a range of Apple phones for years, but I have never got the hang of them and don't like them.
I find Android much closer to PC in operation.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e:HEV SR
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2021, 07:15:35 PM »
The Mk4 Jazz Garmin map update is now available via the update route using Garmin Express and a suitable USB stick.

2021.10 Map is now available.

https://honda.garmin.com/honda/site for update details.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • My Honda: 2013 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #37 on: Today at 04:53:01 AM »
On the Civic site, map 2021.1 was posted as available Feb 2020

I wonder if 2021.10 is indeed not 2021.1

I would have expected 2022.1 given Garmin's naming history.
Let's be careful out there!

Tags:

anything