Author Topic: Green Party Manifesto  (Read 1986 times)

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Green Party Manifesto
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2019, 02:02:26 PM »
Interesting guide to how you should tactically vote in England to ensure Brexit happens
Don't really see how that pertains to saving the planet.

It's simple.
Brexit cures all known problems.

Too high taxes? Brexit will sort it.
Too low spending?Brexit will sort it

Too few nurses? Brexit will sort it
Too many immigrants?Brexit will sort it

Food prices too high? Brexit will sort it
Farmers losing EU food subsidies? Brexit will sort it
Fishing areas overfished? Brexit will sort it

And so on

(all based on real political promises.. I am not making it up)

See also
The pound in your pocket will not be devalued . H WIlson.
There are WMD in Iraw. A Blair.
No Tory boom and bust (promised several times)  G Brown
We will cut immigration into the UK..D Cameron

There is a clear pattern there.. 

Anyone believing  the promises of a politician? Naive and a fool..

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2019, 02:56:32 PM »
Interesting guide to how you should tactically vote in England to ensure Brexit happens
Don't really see how that pertains to saving the planet.

It's simple.
Brexit cures all known problems.

Too high taxes? Brexit will sort it.
Too low spending?Brexit will sort it

Too few nurses? Brexit will sort it
Too many immigrants?Brexit will sort it

Food prices too high? Brexit will sort it
Farmers losing EU food subsidies? Brexit will sort it
Fishing areas overfished? Brexit will sort it

And so on

(all based on real political promises.. I am not making it up)

Fix it or fux it ?

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2019, 03:00:10 PM »
I'm sure my Honda Jazz will just keep soldiering  :D
Cockroaches in Honda Jazzes.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2019, 03:18:41 PM »
China produces more CO2 and Methane than the US, Europe and Japan combined. The UK produces 2% of the worlds total.
If the UK reverted back to the Stone Age, overnight, it would make no difference to global warming. Only a whole world approach will make any difference, and that will never happen. We're all doooomed!
UK, USA and mainland Europe ran up heavy carbon accounts in 19th and 20th centuries and latterly by outsourcing heavy industry to the Far East.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2019, 03:57:09 PM »
We used to do a lot of parts for JLR and other car makers,  they used to claim they were greener because they didn't move the parts around themselves but used third party haulage companies to move the stuff ( instead of their own wagons like they used to ) - so the transport carbon went off their companies books and onto the transport company - talk about fudging it... and this happens so often it is just not funny...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

zzaj

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 EX CVT Orchid White
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2019, 05:12:14 PM »
China produces more CO2 and Methane than the US, Europe and Japan combined. The UK produces 2% of the worlds total.
If the UK reverted back to the Stone Age, overnight, it would make no difference to global warming. Only a whole world approach will make any difference, and that will never happen. We're all doooomed!
UK, USA and mainland Europe ran up heavy carbon accounts in 19th and 20th centuries and latterly by outsourcing heavy industry to the Far East.

CO2 emissions were pretty level from the 1800s until the 1960s, since when they have quadrupled mostly from huge population growth and industrialisation in poor countries like China, India, Brazil and Indonesia (and Central Africa without the industrialisation) which has wildly improved their local standard of living (whilst the standard of living of the developed world has stagnated) and, of course, from hugely increased consumer consumption across the world since the 1950's.

It is interesting to match a graph of the increase in CO2 and a graph the increase in world population since, say, 1800.

The UK's 2% must be well within the range of experimental inaccuracy of the world estimates.

No one in these conversations mentions the action of the cycles of the Sun on the Earth's climate. Until that is included these conversations about CO2 are pretty meaningless as CO2 production is only one of many issues.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2019, 05:40:40 PM »
Cannot do a lot about what went before, especially things that happened before scientists realised what was happening with global warming.
As for outsourcing heavy industry to the Far East, I think that was a choice we would have preferred not to have been forced into.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2019, 07:05:35 PM »

CO2 emissions were pretty level from the 1800s until the 1960s, since when they have quadrupled mostly from huge population growth and industrialisation in poor countries like China, India, Brazil and Indonesia (and Central Africa without the industrialisation) which has wildly improved their local standard of living (whilst the standard of living of the developed world has stagnated) and, of course, from hugely increased consumer consumption across the world since the 1950's.

It is interesting to match a graph of the increase in CO2 and a graph the increase in world population since, say, 1800.

The UK's 2% must be well within the range of experimental inaccuracy of the world estimates.

No one in these conversations mentions the action of the cycles of the Sun on the Earth's climate. Until that is included these conversations about CO2 are pretty meaningless as CO2 production is only one of many issues.
[/b]

Well those appear to have little credibility..

I still have forecasts of solar cycles and a globall ice age coming.. from the 1970s..

I suspect volcanic dust## pays a far greater part... and what's our record on forcasting volcanic activity like? Non existent..

### From largescale eruptions... - or the eimpacts of a large comet or meteor..

Tags:

anything