Author Topic: Paint Flaking  (Read 718 times)

mattl369

• My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 EX CVT
Paint Flaking
« on: February 24, 2019, 07:34:45 PM »
Evening All.

Has anyone had problems with the paint flaking/peeling off on their Jazz. I've got a 63 reg in alabaster silver and the paint has started to flake on the inside of the windscreen pillars. For some reason its on the same area on both sides. I have no idea what could have caused it - there's nothing that rubs there I can see. The car is generally well looked after (though it looks a little dirty in the pictures!)

If so, how have Honda reacted to this? Any luck getting them to repair it free under the anti corrosion warranty or some other method.

Thanks

Ozzie

• Approved Member
    • Osborns School of Motoring Ltd
  • My Honda: 2015 HS-T
Re: Paint Flaking
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 09:48:15 PM »
I have made a claim for paint blistering on an alloy wheel, despite the mileage being 100k, the dealer said it was out of warranty. I disputed that the paintwork should not be subject to mileage. Anyway Honda UK replaced the wheel as a "goodwill gesture" as I had had the car serviced regularly at Honda.

So I would suggest taking the car to your local dealer initially and let them have a look at it, they can then take it up with Honda UK.

jet

• My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 06:58:26 PM »
Hi.  Sorry to hear about your paint problems.  I have exactly the same issue with my Jazz and wondered how you fared with Honda.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 08:55:01 PM »
Has anyone had problems with the paint flaking/peeling off on their Jazz. I've got a 63 reg in alabaster silver and the paint has started to flake on the inside of the windscreen pillars. For some reason its on the same area on both sides.

Do you know if it has ever had a new windscreen?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.3 EX Navi CVT Shining Grey
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 08:58:59 PM »
Not something I've experienced but this looks bad. I'd be wanting to push Honda on this one.

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 04:54:26 AM »
Has anyone had problems with the paint flaking/peeling off on their Jazz. I've got a 63 reg in alabaster silver and the paint has started to flake on the inside of the windscreen pillars. For some reason its on the same area on both sides.

Do you know if it has ever had a new windscreen?

That is a relevant question. Also you should have a look under the rubber moulding, because it looks like the problem started from there.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 06:22:52 PM »
Clear coat blistering near on roof tailgate, about the size of a large coin.    Dealer brushed it off as wear and tear
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags:

anything