Author Topic: Keyless entry.  (Read 228 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
Keyless entry.
« on: January 28, 2019, 07:23:45 AM »
Interesting article about the dangers of keyless entry.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47023003

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Blue HR-V SE CVT
Re: Keyless entry.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 08:55:42 AM »
Also see this detailed Which? report https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/01/how-easy-is-your-car-to-steal/ . Which? also asked the manufacturers what they were doing to combat the problem. "Honda declined to comment."

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 08:59:03 AM »
Another technology which has not been properly thought through. I have keyless on my Rav4 and mostly it is great, but I need to make sure I lelave my keys at the back of the house at night. A colleague at work had hers and her husband's car both stolen in one go a couple of weeks back.

At the moment, I am not too worried as mostly they are targeting high performance or high street cred cars, but the time will come when every scrote under the sun has access to this kit and then all keyless cars will be fair game.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 09:52:46 AM »
I wonder why the manufacturers don't just make the remote's with an on/off switch?
On my last holiday abroad I took the batteries out of the two remote's.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Blue HR-V SE CVT
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 10:38:21 AM »
I wonder why the manufacturers don't just make the remote's with an on/off switch?
That's a far too simple solution for the manufacturers to have thought of it! Perhaps you could patent it?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 04:02:50 PM »
I have read forums where the keyless system has caused the car battery to go flat,  especially where fob is left too close to car.  In any case systems like alarms and keyless entry ( anything that never properly shuts down and is monitoring ) normally draw parasitic current from battery and even 100milliamp constant drain can be the difference between a car that is not used every day starting or not.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Barky

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE CVT GK
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 07:06:11 PM »
Just one of the reasons I didn't buy a Jazz EX.

Tags:

anything