Author Topic: WTO rules?  (Read 35573 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: WTO rules?
« Reply #1455 on: June 08, 2019, 07:49:45 PM »
Far from maintaining the peace, the Atom and Nuclear Bombs simply maintained a state of war until 1989. Anyone who grew up during the Cold War, which must include most of us here, can tell you what it was like to live under the threat of Mutually Assured Destruction.

I believe it is a fallacy to say that nuclear weapons kept Europe from being overrun by the USSR (not Russia by the way).

I lived through cold war but even as a teenager never believed any country would use them in attack, maybe as a last resort defence.  Thing about nuclear weapons is that they are a very blunt instrument and the radioactive cloud may well find its way back to the country who used them and kill their citizens, as well as polluting water and food supplies.  Strange thing is that when USA cut UK out of nuclear program because we were so leaky ( Russia got secrets of nuclear bomb from spies in UK so who can blame Americans ) then UK developed the hydrogen bomb which had much higher yields than anything USA or Russians had at the time, and was lighter.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #1456 on: June 09, 2019, 12:31:10 PM »
In the latest bizarre twist to the Conservative leadership election, it seems to have turned into a 'who's taken what drugs' competition.

I'm starting to wonder if they're all on drugs.
Now Leadsom's been on the weed.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/andrea-leadsom-cannabis-weed-drugs-michael-gove-cocaine-tory-leadership-a8950276.html

The recent 'weed' enlightenment debate among contestants has reached knew lows. I suspect Leadsom and others have been wrong footed here in the wider political game, not least among the home counties. Looks like the considerable 'forces that be' are manouevring behind Johnson who continues to play to the gallery. What a waste of a good brain. I would expect the reluctants to fall in line on the basis of the 'Devil you know rather than the Devil you don't'. Given the parlous state of the party, I suspect the instinct for survival will kick in.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #1457 on: June 09, 2019, 12:41:34 PM »
Perhaps this will come back to haunt him.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #1458 on: June 12, 2019, 06:54:50 PM »
So MPs have rejected a Labour-led effort to take control of Parliament's timetable, blocking the latest attempt to stop a no-deal Brexit. Eight Labour MPs, mainly MPs with constituencies which voted Leave at the referendum, voted against the motion. Looks like MPs are looking towards the next General Election and their future in Parliament.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #1459 on: June 12, 2019, 07:14:13 PM »
So MPs have rejected a Labour-led effort to take control of Parliament's timetable, blocking the latest attempt to stop a no-deal Brexit. Eight Labour MPs, mainly MPs with constituencies which voted Leave at the referendum, voted against the motion. Looks like MPs are looking towards the next General Election and their future in Parliament.

Yes, and not only Labour MPs, some silly conservatives have a lot to worry about. Farage did promise not to field candidates in seats held by Brexit supporting Tories, just against remainer Tories and other parties. That defeat vote is a boost for hard line prime minister candidates like Johnson and Raab.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

MartinJG

• Approved Member
« Reply #1460 on: June 12, 2019, 09:28:50 PM »

Yes, and not only Labour MPs, some silly conservatives have a lot to worry about. Farage did promise not to field candidates in seats held by Brexit supporting Tories, just against remainer Tories and other parties. That defeat vote is a boost for hard line prime minister candidates like Johnson and Raab.

I am not sure I would stick Johnson in the hardline category. In fact, I am not sure where I would stick him. As I have said before, in my view, Johnson is a waste of a good brain who plays to the gallery. We just seem to be inundated with lukewarm luvvies these days.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
« Reply #1461 on: June 13, 2019, 07:07:13 PM »
Well that was quick. There seems to be an identity crisis here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48629838

Probably a good idea to change the 'barcode' logo too.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 07:09:29 PM by MartinJG »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #1462 on: June 14, 2019, 10:30:13 AM »
I see Chukka has joined the libdums. didn't he tweet a while ago that he wouldn't be seen dead wearing a yellow rosette ?    He also says there is not mandate to crash out of EU, well Chukka you didn't have the decency to let your constituency have a confirmatory referendum on you leaving labour or joining the libs. so IMHO you do not have any mandate to vote in parliament.  Another supposed democrat who does not understand democracy. 

https://www.rt.com/uk/461860-umunna-liberal-democrats-hypocrite/

He said that he did not realise how difficult it would be to set up a new party,  you better ask Farage for lessons.  Ever thought people did not vote for change UK because nobody likes turncoats who get elected for one party and jump ship to another without submitting to a by-election.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:28:39 PM by culzean »

MartinJG

• Approved Member
« Reply #1463 on: June 14, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »
I see Chukka has joined the libdums. didn't he tweet a while ago that he wouldn't be seen dead wearing a yellow rosette ?    He also says there is not mandate to crash out of EU, well Chukka you didn't have the decency to let your constituency have a confirmatory referendum on you leaving labour or joining the libs. so IMHO you do not have any mandate to vote in parliament.  Another supposed democrat who does not understand democracy. 

He said that he did not realise how difficult it would be to set up a new party,  you better ask Farage for lessons.  Ever thought people did not vote for change UK because nobody likes turncoats who get elected for one party and jump ship to another without submitting to a by-election.

Just embarrassing. It's like watching a bunch of school kids running a candy shop. Excuse the Americanism.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #1464 on: June 15, 2019, 01:39:15 PM »
It looks like voter fraud in Peterborough is being investigated - 'no 5h1t Sherlock' !

Its been going on in ethnic areas for decades,  and labour has colluded with the vote riggers because they are by far the main beneficiary of the scams.

https://www.politicalite.com/peterborough-by-election/thirteen-thousand-postal-votes-issued-shock-pboro-by-election-figures-reveal/

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/crime/five-electoral-fraud-allegations-at-peterborough-by-election-being-investigated-by-police-1-8964103

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #1465 on: June 15, 2019, 03:18:03 PM »
In the latest bizarre twist to the Conservative leadership election, it seems to have turned into a 'who's taken what drugs' competition.

I'm starting to wonder if they're all on drugs.

Curious and curiouser :-

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 GE3 Jazz 1.4 i-DSI SE
« Reply #1466 on: June 15, 2019, 08:16:27 PM »
Curious and curiouser

I saw that, more like dumb and dumber  ;)

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #1467 on: June 15, 2019, 10:02:10 PM »

Tags: