Author Topic: WTO rules?  (Read 23831 times)

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: WTO rules?
« Reply #1050 on: April 10, 2019, 11:23:15 AM »
Scotland has 6 MEPS but none of them are accountable to you
They may be, come the end of May!

Speaking of 'the end of May', are the ERG going to upend the Prime Minister tonight or what? Have they got the bottle?

As the ERG are the people who made May's position safe and also ensure no Brexit deal #will be done, to suggest they might do something sensible is  brave given their history.

# and virtually ensured a No Deal Brexit was defeated by MPs

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #1051 on: April 10, 2019, 08:35:45 PM »

For those who feel inclined, please see the link below and act.

Thanks

zzaj

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 EX CVT Orchid White
« Reply #1052 on: April 10, 2019, 10:10:51 PM »
Yep. It is much much worse than the clip illustrates.

Not many remain or leave people know that or have even read the document (which is very very hard going). 

It is the quite the worst agreement ever imaginable.

Much much worse than remaining or leaving.  >:(

The British can be very gullible.

And it will last beyond the end of time..............

I despair.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #1053 on: April 11, 2019, 06:44:35 AM »
So yet another extension! I think the extension date is the date mentioned in the Withdrawal agreement XX.XX.20XX. There is no way we cannot take part in the EU elections.  If we don't, and we are still there come 1st June, we will be turfed out. The ejector seat as the BBC calls it. And if we then try to revoke Article 50 we won't be able to, as we will have no MEPs and the EU will not be permitted, by their own laws, to allow us to stay in without MEPs. There is talk about us just keeping the MEPs we currently have, if that happens, but what about all the MEPs from countries who have been given our votes? They cannot have MEPs taken away, and if they could, which ones?
I am actually delighted we will be taking part in the EU elections. That will allow me to vote for my Brexit Party candidates.
I see the Supreme Court in Switzerland has ordered a re-run of a referendum held there. The information provided to the electorate was "incomplete" and therefore "violated the freedom of the vote", the court ruled. Remainers will be delighted by that outcome, saying it should happen here, too.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47879777

MartinJG

• Approved Member
« Reply #1054 on: April 11, 2019, 11:19:08 AM »
So yet another extension! I think the extension date is the date mentioned in the Withdrawal agreement XX.XX.20XX. There is no way we cannot take part in the EU elections.  If we don't, and we are still there come 1st June, we will be turfed out. The ejector seat as the BBC calls it. And if we then try to revoke Article 50 we won't be able to, as we will have no MEPs and the EU will not be permitted, by their own laws, to allow us to stay in without MEPs. There is talk about us just keeping the MEPs we currently have, if that happens, but what about all the MEPs from countries who have been given our votes? They cannot have MEPs taken away, and if they could, which ones?
I am actually delighted we will be taking part in the EU elections. That will allow me to vote for my Brexit Party candidates.
I see the Supreme Court in Switzerland has ordered a re-run of a referendum held there. The information provided to the electorate was "incomplete" and therefore "violated the freedom of the vote", the court ruled. Remainers will be delighted by that outcome, saying it should happen here, too.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47879777

Well what a surprise the Swiss have u turned for a nation that have been perennial fence sitters for an awfully long time. I do have one concern regarding the potential split between UKIP and The Brexit Party which you highlighted a few posts ago. I can see this becoming an issue which could well play into mainstream party hands. We really need to be absolutely united on this if we are going to kick the political lackeys well and truly off the park and restore democracy.

[Removed by Admin]

I seem to recall a certain comment from Tusk that 'there is a place in Hell' for the Leavers!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:24:21 AM by RichardA »

zzaj

• Approved Member
« Reply #1055 on: April 11, 2019, 01:05:19 PM »
"In the Commons Sir Bill Cash, the Tory Brexiter, has just used a point of order to say the Commons should sit tomorrow to debate the order changing the date of Brexit in the EU Withdrawal Act following the decision last night to extend article 50. He described the decision last night as “abject surrender”, and said not holding a debate was “cowardice and chicanery”.

MPs held a debate when the exit date was originally changed from 29 March to 12 April or 22 May. But, as an amendment to the Yvette Cooper bill that was passed on Monday, the government changed the procedure. Previously the date had to be changed under secondary legislation using the affirmative resolution procedure, which meant there had to be a vote first. Now it can be changed under the negative resolution procedure, which means the change goes through unless MPs pass a motion to annul."

Is this called positive cheating?

Lunatics and asylums come to mind. I am speechless.  ;)

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #1056 on: April 11, 2019, 03:18:27 PM »

For those who feel inclined, please see the link below and act.

Agreed it is a bad deal.
Don't know if it's worse than no deal.
To paraphrase my analogy from a few weeks ago. If you go into a shop and ask for a sandwich and are then  offered a sh1t sandwich or a vomit sandwich, which would you choose?
The British can be very gullible
Ipse dixit.
Careful.

[Quote from deleted post removed by Admin]

I seem to recall a certain comment from Tusk that 'there is a place in Hell' for the Leavers!
That's a misquote. He actually said
"I've been wondering what that special place in hell looks like for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely,"
As was pointed out to Peter Bone by Joanna Cherry.
https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit-peter-bone-tory-mp-donald-tusk-hell-quote-john-bercow-eu-8767411

last edit typo

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 11:26:26 AM by RichardA »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #1057 on: April 11, 2019, 07:06:06 PM »
https://reaction.life/stockpiles-anti-brexit-economic-news-running-low/

Oh dear, if you are a remain voter and all your favourite project fear stories are proving to be

totally groundless what do you do ?  Well you keep doggedly repeating them ad nauseum

anyway and get more from your favourite 'bad brexit news stockpile publications and websites'.

Simples !
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 GE3 Jazz 1.4 i-DSI SE
« Reply #1058 on: April 11, 2019, 10:16:01 PM »

"I've been wondering what that special place in hell looks like for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely,"
https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit-peter-bone-tory-mp-donald-tusk-hell-quote-john-bercow-eu-8767411

They'll never let the truth get in the way of a good anti-EU story.

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/see-20-years-of-fake-news-about-eu-by-uk-press-vote-for-your-favourite-here/

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #1059 on: April 11, 2019, 11:06:40 PM »

They'll never let the truth get in the way of a good anti-EU story.

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/see-20-years-of-fake-news-about-eu-by-uk-press-vote-for-your-favourite-here/

Meanwhile back in the UK Operations Brock and Yellowhammer are being stood down for six months.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/11/uk-stands-down-6000-no-deal-brexit-staff-after-spending-15bn

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #1060 on: April 12, 2019, 06:55:41 AM »
Great how as soon as they get their stay of execution, all the MPs rush off on holiday. Like back when I was a lad, as soon as the students got their term grant they went out on the bevvie and finished up with curries!

Jaffa Jazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz CVT mk 3 EX 2017
« Reply #1061 on: April 12, 2019, 12:17:42 PM »
Corbyn doesn't know which battles to fight and which to leave alone. With the chances of him fighting a General Election in the next few months he doesn't want to pi$$ off half the electorate. Irrespective of his principles he would have been better to have made no comment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47904837

He and his Marxist cohorts would be of much more use helping his friends in Venezuela rather than hoping to ruin my country both financially and socially, I can only live in hope, but not holding my breath.
There are a million reasons to believe in yourself,
So find more reasons to believe in others..😀

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 GE3 Jazz 1.4 i-DSI SE
« Reply #1062 on: April 13, 2019, 01:17:54 PM »
Very sad to hear that British Steel is in trouble

"The UK's second-biggest steel producer is seeking an urgent £100m‎ government loan after Theresa May's failure to pass a Brexit deal left it frozen out of an EU-wide carbon trading scheme."

https://news.sky.com/story/british-steel-seeks-100m-government-loan-amid-eu-freeze-11692336

zzaj

• Approved Member
« Reply #1063 on: April 15, 2019, 11:29:16 PM »
Last Wednesday we all went to bed with the biggest national crisis since the 2nd WW and not knowing whether we would be leaving EU on Friday without a "deal".

On Monday, while we are all left in limbo, our Prime Minister goes on a walking holiday in Snowdonia.

It is unmitigated nonsense. We have a complete failure of government and she goes on holiday.

What leadership? What an example? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

MartinJG

• Approved Member
« Reply #1064 on: April 15, 2019, 11:48:51 PM »
Last Wednesday we all went to bed with the biggest national crisis since the 2nd WW and not knowing whether we would be leaving EU on Friday without a "deal".

On Monday, while we are all left in limbo, our Prime Minister goes on a walking holiday in Snowdonia.

It is unmitigated nonsense. We have a complete failure of government and she goes on holiday.

What leadership? What an example? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Indeed, nothing much surprises me about this lot. Meanwhile, the Brexit Party are just getting warmed up.

Tags:

anything