Author Topic: WTO rules?  (Read 6558 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: WTO rules?
« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2019, 06:08:02 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/brexit-no-deal-medicine-shortage-stockpile-nhs-health-netherlands-a8769796.html

Stockpiling works both ways, lots of medicines and other stuff Europe gets from UK.

This is about the time where EU business people will bang the heads together of zealots like Barnier, Vehofstadt and Juncker and tell them to stop playing politics and negotiate for business.. They could always threaten to take Junckers booze allowance away and make him pay for his own.
It's NOT Barnier, Vehofstadt and Juncker that are playing politics, & playing it very poorly, It's the clueless Theresa May etc

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/11/27/brexit-the-four-freedoms-and-the-indivisibility-dogma/

It is a pity the EU is run on political dogma and not business, it long ago ceased to be a trading bloc for business ( just about the time the zealots took over the asylum ) but it was always destined to creep from trading into a political superstate bound by a common currency - this was done 'slowly, slowly catchee monkey' style by the various treaties that popped up from time to time ( and Junckers said 'there can be no democratic oversight of EU treaties by member states ) - Imagine how hard it would be for UK to leave if we were using the Euro,  and that was always the idea,  to make it harder for any country to leave..
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Barky

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE CVT GK
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2019, 05:53:19 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/brexit-no-deal-medicine-shortage-stockpile-nhs-health-netherlands-a8769796.html

Stockpiling works both ways, lots of medicines and other stuff Europe gets from UK.

This is about the time where EU business people will bang the heads together of zealots like Barnier, Vehofstadt and Juncker and tell them to stop playing politics and negotiate for business.. They could always threaten to take Junckers booze allowance away and make him pay for his own.
It's NOT Barnier, Vehofstadt and Juncker that are playing politics, & playing it very poorly, It's the clueless Theresa May etc

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/11/27/brexit-the-four-freedoms-and-the-indivisibility-dogma/

It is a pity the EU is run on political dogma and not business, it long ago ceased to be a trading bloc for business ( just about the time the zealots took over the asylum ) but it was always destined to creep from trading into a political superstate bound by a common currency - this was done 'slowly, slowly catchee monkey' style by the various treaties that popped up from time to time ( and Junckers said 'there can be no democratic oversight of EU treaties by member states ) - Imagine how hard it would be for UK to leave if we were using the Euro,  and that was always the idea,  to make it harder for any country to leave..
Sorry, EU superstate is just Boris Johnson etc scaremongering & joining Euro currency entirely voluntary ... guidance for leaving that makes it come with big penalty was of course set down by a current member of house of lords

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2019, 07:36:28 PM »
https://off-guardian.org/2016/08/06/eu-unmasked-after-brexit-plans-for-full-eu-superstate-revealed/

The super state is not a figment of Bojos imagination, the Polish leaked an EU document that shows it was real and maybe still is.   The EU has never ceased in its quest for ever closer union, their answer to everything is more Europe.  It is no good thinking there has ever been a status quo with the EU, Think of it as the 4th Reich, but with even more ambitious goals than the 3rd Reich. UK was subject to same project fear about the Euro as we have been regaled with over Brexit, almost word for word, about companies leaving, London losing its financial institutions to Europe etc. etc. Ad nauseam........
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:26:11 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2019, 08:42:43 AM »
https://off-guardian.org/2016/08/06/eu-unmasked-after-brexit-plans-for-full-eu-superstate-revealed/

The super state is not a figment of Bojos imagination, the Polish leaked an EU document that shows it was real and maybe still is.   The EU has never ceased in its quest for ever closer union, their answer to everything is more Europe.  It is no good thinking there has ever been a status quo with the EU, Think of it as the 4th Reich, but with even more ambitious goals than the 3rd Reich. UK was subject to same project fear about the Euro as we have been regaled with over Brexit, almost word for word, about companies leaving, London losing its financial institutions to Europe etc. etc. Ad nauseam........
Looks like another reputable unbiased source you are quoting there. Not.
Meanwhile back in the real world.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/09/brexit-uk-companies-discuss-moving-to-netherlands

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2019, 08:49:19 AM »
The original document here makes for scary reading. Though the site is in Polish the document is in English.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #245 on: February 11, 2019, 09:57:27 AM »
Looks like the Irish backstop implementation in the EU withdrawal agreement is illegal even in EU law..

https://sites-herbertsmithfreehills.vuturevx.com/20/19043/landing-pages/a-view-from-brussels-february-2018-briefing(2).pdf

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #246 on: February 11, 2019, 09:59:49 AM »
The original document here makes for scary reading. Though the site is in Polish the document is in English.

And it's all Chinese whispers. ::)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2019, 10:03:02 AM »

Thanks for that,

As I have said previously the EU answer to everything is 'more Europe' - which is ( amongst other reasons) why I voted to leave - the EU is not only un-democratic it is proactively anti-democracy..

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #248 on: February 11, 2019, 10:05:24 AM »

No Chinese whispers on that document,  it is a clear statement of intent to centralise even more power with an un-elected poiltburo.

In fact it is the next step towards the EU federal superstate that remain voters are in denial about.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:40:19 AM by culzean »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #249 on: February 11, 2019, 10:24:01 AM »

Looks like another reputable unbiased source you are quoting there. Not.
Meanwhile back in the real world.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/09/brexit-uk-companies-discuss-moving-to-netherlands

Nothing wrong with companies setting up representative agencies in EU, makes business sense - but my feeling is that they are doing it temporarily while Brexit is sorted and then quietly move back to UK,  watch out for the 'to let' signs in Netherlands later in the year.

On another subject,  looks like the EU politburo is not happy with Tony B Liar,  looks like he ( and other anti-UK pro-EU British political has-beens ) gave them bad advice,  they should have looked at this most hated of British Prime Ministers track record of bad judgements before they trusted him..

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/1085094/brexit-news-tony-blair-donald-tusk-eu-deal-theresa-may
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:27:51 AM by culzean »

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #250 on: February 11, 2019, 10:30:16 AM »

No Chinese whispers on that document,  it is a clear statement of intent to centralise even more power with an un-elected poiltburo.

Sorry, I hadn't read Jocko's link.
Now that I have, I don't see anything scary in it. I see it as sensible and promoting peace unlike Williamson's silly sabre rattlings.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/11/brexit-uk-military-defence-gavin-williamson

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
« Reply #251 on: February 11, 2019, 01:08:53 PM »
I don't see anything scary in it.
You don't think Germany and France, working bilaterally, to control the way forward for Europe, without the rest of Europe on board, is scary? Other European countries are worried about it.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #252 on: February 11, 2019, 01:54:58 PM »
You don't think Germany and France, working bilaterally, to control the way forward for Europe, without the rest of Europe on board, is scary? Other European countries are worried about it.
Nope. The original purpose of the EU was to keep Germany and France from being at each other's throats.
It doesn't say it is bilateral. It talks about bringing other European nations on board.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:00:27 PM by JimSh »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #253 on: February 11, 2019, 02:12:15 PM »
Nope. The original purpose of the EU was to keep Germany and France from being at each other's throats.

The British and French have had more battles than French and Jermans and even after WW2 ( when De Gaulle hid in UK for the course of the war ) De Gaulle went back to France and started slagging the British off, ungrateful cheese eating surrender monkey that he was,  mind you maybe De Gaulle did like us after all because he tried to block us from joining EU... and he was right because our economic system, our law system and our style of democracy do not fit in with European ways of doing things - and he was worried that English language would take over EU ( which it did ).

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/if-france-kept-fighting-how-world-war-ii-might-have-gone-17590

When the French white flag factory was bombed by the Jermans,  this single act wiped out 95% of the French military capability at a stroke.

Barky

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE CVT GK
« Reply #254 on: February 11, 2019, 03:49:13 PM »

A small number in EU like idea of superstate, majority don't so it's not going to happen. I do realise why idea seems so abhorrent as it revives part of what Nazis were about BUT that was 80 years ago & EU exists to prevent nations of Europe going down a path to warfare again.

Tags: