Author Topic: Motoring Stories  (Read 47 times)

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 1.3 Jazz SE Navi
Motoring Stories
« on: Today at 01:05:05 PM »
I saw an advert for a Ford Cortina the other day, it reminded me of someone I used to work with many years ago.
He was selling his Cortina and decided to wind back the speedo to reduce his mileage.
We all said that was wrong but he was having non of it and planned to do it that weekend.
On Monday back at work we said did you clock your Cortina.
He said:
Don't talk to me about that car, I took the speedo out and there was a label on the back of it and someone had hand written on the label

" Oh no.....not again "

It had been done to him before he bought the car :)

Anyone else got any motoring Stories to make us chuckle during this semi-lockdown period.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Motoring Stories
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:09:50 PM »
Several years ago a work friend was relating how he had come across a person under the bonnet of a Morris Minor trying to get it to start having lost his keys.  My friend, being an electrical engineer kindly hot wired it for him.

It was only as he drove away that the thought crossed his mind.  I wonder if it was his car?

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Motoring Stories
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:16:28 PM »
An engineering apprentice mate of mine bought an old faded red Austin 1100 and decided to Tee Cut it.  He used a power hand drill to buff it up.  It was truly a fantastic finish when he was done.

Unlike his Father's less that 3 month old white car next to it on the drive which was covered in pink spots.

It took him months to pay back the cost of a respray.

Tags:

anything