Author Topic: Heating/cooling system won't change air output direction, any help/Ideas?  (Read 166 times)

Chris_Music

• Approved Member
  • Honda Jazz Sport
Hey Guys

So I've been having a problem with my 2006 Jazz Sport for a while now, where the Heating/Cooling system won't change the air direction, no matter what setting I choose on the centre console. So it's basically stuck on blasting my feet with cold air and a bit coming out of the front, but nothing from the windscreen vents at all.
No matter what setting I choose it won't make a difference. I have the climate control version.
Any one have any ideas if I need to change something, or if something could just be stuck?
I don't mind opening up the dash, I just don't want to be poking around aimlessly.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated :)

Thanks

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 11 Plate Jazz 1.4 EX CVT
If Climate Control is selected and you try to change something except the temperature Auto Climate Control will be deselected. I you deselect Auto Climate Control can you change things then ?

Vic.

Chris_Music

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Honda Jazz Sport
If Climate Control is selected and you try to change something except the temperature Auto Climate Control will be deselected. I you deselect Auto Climate Control can you change things then ?

Vic.

Hi Vic
I normally just have it on auto rather than full auto, but no I still can't change anything.

Something I have noticed though, which I think could be the problem.
There are two vents on top of the centre console, but only one of them has the part inside which allows you to point the air in a certain direction, the other one is empty inside, so maybe the part has popped out and dropped inside and it is causing a jam in the system meaning the ducts cannot open and close to redirect the air.
So probably on Thursday, when I have a bit of time, I will remove the radio and try and get to the inside of the vent and see if that fixes it :).

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2006 GD5 Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S in Vivid Blue Pearl
Sounds like a plan. And certainly a possible diagnosis.

Tags: