Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2006: some problems after installing aftermarket radio  (Read 855 times)

sc1512

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Honda Jazz 1.2
Hi guys,

I'm an italian Honda Jazz owner, so be kind with me if I don't write everything correctly ;D

Today I changed the factory radio with a new Pioneer, as I needed Car Play. Everything went well, except for these four points:

1. Rings around the a/c knobs have lost some of their gray color (so now they look as they are full of scratches). Where can I buy the three rings? I've searched on AliExpress and eBay, but found nothing, only new knobs, but no rings (just to be clear: I call "ring" the piece of glued plastic, one with blue-red color, one with numbers from 1 to 4 and the last one with air conditioning direction icons).

2. Blue light of A/C is not working anymore. I do not know why, everything seemed ok when i re-mounted it in its place, little bulb included.

3. "Orange" lights of all the air coinditioning dashboard/controls are completely ko, so I don't see a light behind the three knobs. What can be happened? Where should I find the bulbs that lights this area and how can I replace them?

4. First and last knob can't be positioned fully left: I don't know why but I cannot move the air conditioning knobs all the way to their left (so full cold or a/c position direct in face). Colored wires (blue and orange) seems to reach their end of course before the knob could reach its end of course. What could be happened?

I hope I've been sufficiently clear...

Thanks a lot in advance!

sc1512

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
Re: Honda Jazz 2006: some problems after installing aftermarket radio
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 10:07:42 AM »
A little update: I found the three rings on Aliexpress, they are pretty expensive: 8€ each.

Anyway, talking about other plastic parts I need, do you know where I can find this bottom cover?

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue, previously GD x 3
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 04:45:23 PM »
A little update: I found the three rings on Aliexpress, they are pretty expensive: 8€ each.

Anyway, talking about other plastic parts I need, do you know where I can find this bottom cover?
I think your best way of obtaining this piece of plastic is from a scrap car, on eBay perhaps?

As far as your other problems it appears you have a re-assembly problem, something has not been put back correctly, are all the electrical connectors pushed back fully? 

The three rings you mention are almost possible to remove and put back without any damage. They look painted on the reverse and when you remove them the paint pulls off. I managed to get mine off with a small amount of damage which doesn't really bother me. I'd be interested to see what you think of the AliExpress ones if you decide to order them.

As regards your blue Aircon switch blue light, I can only assume the bulb has blown or become unseated.

I have a double din CarPlay unit in our Jazz and am very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sc1512

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 12:13:01 AM »
I found the bottom cover on a Japanese site, maybe next month I'll have this piece and the three knob rings (bought them on AliExpress).

Talking about all the electrical connectors, I double-checked them today: I have 12V on every cable that should be attached to elements that have a bulb/LED and they are fully pushed back.

I've also noticed that the bulb/LED in the red button of hazard lights doesn't turn on. Summing up my LED/bulb situation:
- Hazard lights LED: not turns on (indicators blink correctly)
- A/C blue and orange lights: both don't turn on (AC works)
- Rear window heater button LEDs: one LED works, the other no (backlight not working, only on/off LED)
- Two LEDs behind A/C manual knobs: not wotking, but they are in place

I also checked two fuses that looking at the manual should be related to those LEDs problems, but they are ok.

What could be the problem with all these leds?

Tags:

anything