Author Topic: It's it always so quiet in the GD section?  (Read 7852 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: It's it always so quiet in the GD section?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »
A busy forum is often an indication of problems which need to be solved.

on the other hand a forum that doesn't have regular postings looks like no one
can be bothered to contribute,i see the same issue with this site as there are generally
a handful of members that regulary contribute to the site ,there then becomes a point where
they will stop as they are posting to themselves,
requests for help & advise should always be followed up with an outcome wether the
advise given was good or bad as this will help other members problem solving in the future.

I just wonder if this might be something to do with the profile of people who buy and own the Jazz. They are, on the whole, an older group and are also people who just want a reliable car. This might explain the difference between this UK forum and Civinfo which is massive by comparison.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 08:22:20 PM »
To answer the question put in the topic title...

The GDs (mk1) are now between 7-14 years old, owners tend to see them as A to B transport (relative with a Jazz) and usually only post or sign up here if they have a problem with their car.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 11:21:25 AM »
I agree.

Funnily enough I have read that, in Asian markets, the Jazz/Fit is often seen as a bit of a boy racer's car with a healthy market in modifications etc etc.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 12:04:48 PM »
I agree.

Funnily enough I have read that, in Asian markets, the Jazz/Fit is often seen as a bit of a boy racer's car with a healthy market in modifications etc etc.

That's very true.  it only seems to be in UK that Honda is considered an old persons car................  strange people us Brits, we probably purchase more foreign made cars than any other developed nation and some think some of them (eg Ford) are still made in UK (and still buying what their dad, and dads dad bought).  We are the least patriotic of any car buyers and a huge market for German and French makers - and some people say if we leave EU they won't trade with us - talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face   :-X - I know you can't buy a British car any more (not even Aston Martin, a roller or or Bentley) but should at least try to buy one that is made in UK and keeps Brits in work.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5685

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 07:16:47 PM »
When I had my 1986 mini I joined loads od mini forums. They were really good.

I only ever heard of this forum when I bought my Jazz.

I also have dolls houses so I am a member of a couple of miniature and Dolls house forums too. I know it's not cars but nothing wrong in having varied interests.

Tags: