Author Topic: Pointless items on a Jazz.  (Read 14312 times)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Pointless items on a Jazz.
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 01:47:04 PM »
When I changed my car a month ago I was looking for a facelifted CVT ES version. I bought an EX because it was available and the deal I was offered was a good one.
What I don't need on the EX is the cruise control, not much opportunity to use it around Lincolnshire, the Hands Free Telephone 'cos I don't feel the need to be in constant touch with the world and besides I think it is a pain in the butt to use. It probably doesn't like my southerners Brighton cockney accent.
The climate control is great at keeping the temperature constant but I prefer my own settings regarding fan speed and the distribution of airflow, at least it allows you to do that.
As for the auto headlights, well at least I can turn the system off but the auto wipers are fine.
See, I said I really wanted an ES model !

Vic.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:51:26 PM by VicW »

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2016, 02:57:25 PM »
Uhh, I am just wondering what is this for?

because if this is supposed to be a part of the AC system, I am sure as hell it's not working in my Jazz. ^_^

Its for demisting the side windows. It comes on when you put the screen demister on.
but there is quite a distance between it and the next window
And its not even that powerful

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2016, 03:22:59 PM »
It doesn't need to be very powerful,  just put the air in the right place - press the 'quick demist' button and feel what comes out of that vent. 

The reason it is not designed to pump loads of air out may be that when the aircon is set to low temp that vent may blow air onto side windows which bounces off and hits side of your head or neck, not comfortable.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2016, 09:06:59 PM »
It doesn't need to be very powerful,  just put the air in the right place - press the 'quick demist' button and feel what comes out of that vent. 

The reason it is not designed to pump loads of air out may be that when the aircon is set to low temp that vent may blow air onto side windows which bounces off and hits side of your head or neck, not comfortable.

Practically nothing
The air doesn't reach that area
Obviously it will ambiently heat an area near the vent but only very close

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2016, 12:37:55 PM »
just make sure the pollen filter isn't blocked,  this will severely cut down air being blown out of any vent - I get quite a blast out of mine with quick demist on
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2016, 05:06:12 PM »
just make sure the pollen filter isn't blocked,  this will severely cut down air being blown out of any vent - I get quite a blast out of mine with quick demist on

Yes, a blocked cabin filter will always show as reduced mist clearance. I change ours at least once a year. Bloody Rape Seed  >:(

Tags: