Author Topic: Mk2 2015 model floor mats  (Read 2227 times)

smunley

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 ES Plus CVT
Mk2 2015 model floor mats
« on: November 25, 2015, 07:57:07 PM »
My Mk2 2015 model ES Plus CVT has no locating points for the front floor mats. Can these be added easily? The mats I have purchased are for a 2008-2014 model and have two twist locators on each front mat. They fit very well but I'd like to secure them.

nab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX CVT 2012
Re: Mk2 2015 model floor mats
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 04:34:29 PM »
Hi .When I got my car mats they came with screw in ( into the carpet ) locking caps . I believe that you can get them separately on ebay . Good luck .

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 05:32:40 PM »
FYI there are no locating points in the fitted carpet on the passenger side of my 09 Jazz, although the mat itself has the holes for the locating 'pins'  ::)

The dealer told me that this is how the car is supposed to be

guest4871

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »
My 2014 EX has pre cut slits in the floor carpet. The carpet fixture (with a flat plastic clip with the twist bit on top) slots into this . The mats are laid over the twist knobs and the knobs twist lock. I have found it virtually impossible to get the clips (slotted through the floor carpet) off/ out as I find I step on them and wanted to move them back. The carpet slots are quite fair forward of the front seats (both driver and passenger) and the mat (supplied by Honda) presses hard up against the plastic foot rest in the drivers foot well. Not the best arrangement but the floor carpet is manufactured with the slots pre cut (so that's it!) and thus the floor mats leave a gap under the edges close under the seats.

Tags: