Author Topic: Phone Call from Honda Dealer  (Read 3559 times)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Phone Call from Honda Dealer
« on: December 30, 2014, 06:30:33 AM »
Yesterday I had a call from the local Honda dealer. As I was busy I let it go to voicemail. The call mentioned the local dealer and could I call them back. So I start thinking that they have an offer or the car has a recall on it, so I duly call them back.
Evidently they think my car is due a service, and would I like to book it in? ! ? !
Now that might be a nice gesture, however my car will soon be due its 11th service, I have managed to book it in for all of its previous 10 services unaided  :D.
Have a great New Year and a very enjoyable 2015 !

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
Re: Phone Call from Honda Dealer
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 07:10:39 AM »
I used to get that some years ago when I had a (non Honda) company car, they were always a bit ahead of the due time, so I think they were touting for work?
My local Honda dealer who services my Jazz is very good and texts a reminder about 3-4 weeks before it's due and then a reminder a day or so when the car is due to be with them.
The dealer who I bought the car from is somewhat behind the curve in all matters, the last offer for a 'selected used car' weekend offer arrived on the day it started!

+1 on Ozzie's New Year wishes to all fellow Jazzers.
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 10:59:52 AM »
My local honda dealer recently changed hands (from Springfield to Vertu) and i really hate the fact they have a call centre where they constantly ring me when my car is due its service or MOT  >:(

Considering I've used them to service and mot my cars for the last +14 years, I've gotten to know the service people really well so i prefer ringing them up and booking the car in myself

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »
Obviously the dealers are after your business, that's how they survive.
In particular they want to keep their existing customers.
If you forgot that your next service/MoT was due you would appreciate the dealer reminding you.

I had my car serviced yesterday and today had a phone call from Vertu asking me if I was happy with the treatment that I had received.
If they were frightened of receiving adverse feedback they wouldn't call and ask for an opinion.

Vic.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 06:52:13 AM »
I received a Christmas card from my local Honda dealer!
If music be the food of love, play on

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 03:07:04 PM »
The dealer is chasing business, talk to them and when they quote a price just say - too expensive for me , see what they then say

guest907

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 10:35:17 PM »
A couple of years ago the call centre for the dealer I used phoned with "we are ringing on behalf of..." and proceeded to remind me my Jazz was due for its MOT. When did the rules change I asked?...to a baffled call centre operative.

My car is only 2 years old and the MOT is due 3 years from date of registration!

I didn't charge them for the training session!!

Tags: