Author Topic: Hi from Essex  (Read 3998 times)

guest4669

Hi from Essex
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:31:47 AM »
Only recently discovered ClubJazz, great site!

I've owned my Jazz since 2006, and still well under 20,000 miles on the clock. A world of difference to the previous car I owned (Ford Fiesta), Jazz is a much nicer car to drive. Never had any problems with it - one of the reasons why I chose a Honda in the first place.

Looking forward to my time here.  And hey, how many other cars have such a damn cool name?  ;D

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: Hi from Essex
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:17:11 AM »
Hello and welcome  8)

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:36:07 PM »
Welcome, my mum has had a GD 1.4 dsi since about 9 years now with only 25,000 miles and no problems, and my sister has just bought a 1.2 dsi. There's only my brother to convert now, he still drives Fords!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 04:46:34 PM »
Welcome, my mum has had a GD 1.4 dsi since about 9 years now with only 25,000 miles and no problems, and my sister has just bought a 1.2 dsi. There's only my brother to convert now, he still drives Fords!

Strange thing is,  lot of British people have strong attachment to Ford vehicles because they think that Ford are somehow British ???  truth is that Ford don't make any cars in UK anymore, not even the Transit (now made in Turkey).  Sure they make some engines here, and have engineering / design centres here,   but not much else.

In truth the Japanese have been much more loyal to UK than most other car makers (including Vauxhall) and they deserve to sell more cars in this country - but old habits die hard and have been passed down from father to son (and daughter).  Nothing special about Ford - their spare parts used to be cheap,  but that was only because they sold a lot of them  :o  (Fix Or Repair Daily)
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4669

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 11:09:28 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

I should qualify why my mileage is so low - I don't use the car for work, only for shopping trips, visiting relations and the like, but still want a good reliable runabout, which the Jazz does perfectly.  I'm definitely going to take it on a few more drives just for the hell of it - I gather a longer run on suitable A roads is pretty good for them. 

I've been a passenger in bigger cars, and not one utilises space as good as the Jazz does.  In fact, I've found it pretty hard to squeeze in and out of these larger cars, a problem that neither myself or passengers have where the Jazz is concerned.

I agree on people's misguided ideas about so-called "British" cars too.  I've never yet bought a product solely on it being British - my only questions are "does this product do exactly what I want?" and "will this product be reliable?"  As culzean points out, the Japanese have been more loyal to the UK than most, a point seemingly lost on Joe Public.

Tags: