Author Topic: Fitting OEM Foglights to 1.4 ES  (Read 2988 times)

guest4621

Fitting OEM Foglights to 1.4 ES
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:20:41 AM »
Morning!

Has anyone had any experience in fitting a headlight kit to a non-fog light standard model? The instructions aren't particularly clear, but I think I'll muddle through. If anyone has eny hints or tips from experience they would be appreciated before I get started though.

Do I need a new lower bumper grill to accomodate the fog lights? e.g.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221411301143?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_310wt_1143

..or will the existing lower bumper grill be ok? do the corner peices come out or something?

Thanks again guys!

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: Fitting OEM Foglights to 1.4 ES
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 04:48:06 PM »
Never fitted them, but looking at the parts diagrams it appears that the blanking grilles either end can be removed and the lights substituted. Well it looks like that!

I don't think there would be much point in any manufacturer doing two different mouldings.

Good luck

guest4621

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 09:45:09 AM »
Never fitted them, but looking at the parts diagrams it appears that the blanking grilles either end can be removed and the lights substituted. Well it looks like that!

I don't think there would be much point in any manufacturer doing two different mouldings.

Good luck

Cheers Eddie - That was my thinking.. Just seeing the grill on Ebay got me wondering if I had missed anything out! I was looking to see if I could find a separate grill, for a few £ to spray up to save taking bumper off twice, and stumbled across the Fog light version. I'm hoping to get the grill off and spray it gloss black or maybe a metallic black and fit the fogs at some point next week.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »
You can take a look at the Honda Parts/accessory lists for Front Fogs - although US site these instructions for accessories have been useful i the past. Check for correct year, the wiring of the lights should be Ok it will call for time to change over the control switch.
http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-Fog-Lights-Fit__08V31-TK6-100.aspx

Tags:

anything