Author Topic: So this is something ive not heard about before  (Read 2803 times)

guest2765

So this is something ive not heard about before
« on: December 12, 2011, 07:46:28 PM »
Here, other forums, from people i know.

Basically the Honda Jazz you see is used roughly 300miles a week for 2 and a half months (3k miles total) the occasional run to peterhead or out to a nearby village (add another average of 80 miles a week since we have had the car) = 4600 miles. Ive kept close tabs on how much ive spent on petrol and the mpg since ive had the car...stupidly not enough focus on the odometer as i should have. It is showing as the car has done about 7500 miles since we had this, due to a lot of this time i was unemployed ive not been able to afford to run the milage up (and given the job ive got at the moment and what i pay out i cant afford to run it up really). Has anyone else had problems with the Odometer? and any solution to this? as its not very great for the insurance side of things if im not even being able to do the miles in a year i pay for. (the car also might have been clocked not 100% on this but checke its last mot before we got it..and apparently in 5 months the car only did 1k miles)

guest2765

• Topic Starter
Re: So this is something ive not heard about before
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:54:37 PM »
infact to add to this the car has been clocked. as its a digital readout meaning electronics is this something else that can go wrong?
(just checked..the mot in april the car had done 74k miles on the 28th, the day earlier the car had been serviced at 75k miles on the 27th "-1k miles" in a day)

Top Down

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: March 2012 1.4 iVTEC EX - Deep Sapphire Blue
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »
Not necessarily clocked. They may have put the mileage down the service was due at. I don't think anyone would bother clocking a car for 1000 miles.

guest2765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »
doesnt seem like a mileage the service was due at looking at the book... and hmm not sure seems awefully suspicious though, specially with the recent jump up of 3k miles more than it should be reading... might have been clocked more than once is my only worry as the car was sold not too long after that service to the dealer i bought it off (who it turns out is known for being shady anyway)

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 09:25:02 PM »
My GE has three readouts for the odometer. The first is the real odometer with the total mileage, the other two are both independent trip readouts (A & B) and can be reset independently. Sorry, but I just can't remember what my GD had!  :'(
If your car has the same three then is it possible someone has been reading different ones at different times. It could explain how your car 'gained' a thousand miles overnight!  :)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:29:11 PM by Geoffers »

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 10:28:44 PM »
GD had two - total mileage and one trip readout.

It sounds most like an error by a technician when the car was serviced. When I had my rear tyres done Kwik Fit put the mileage down on the invoice in the in high 50,000's and not in 30'000's!

Tags:

anything