Author Topic: New advertising doesn't favour the Jazz  (Read 2795 times)

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
New advertising doesn't favour the Jazz
« on: May 31, 2024, 08:21:16 AM »
I keep receiving advertisements and promotional emails etc from our local dealer. This is also posted on the Facebook medium too, so available to all.
Looking at the pricing, it seems the Jazz is very expensive and doesn't come with the added benefit of 5 years servicing and warranty that the other models do.
I wonder why?

(I have asked them why, I will add their reply... if they do)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 08:25:56 AM by Nicksey »

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
Re: New advertising doesn't favour the Jazz
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2024, 08:47:52 AM »
Noticed exactly the same a few weeks ago

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2024, 09:07:09 AM »
...Perhaps they are only pushing the ones they need to sell more of, or fear too many warranty claims on the Jazz  :o so are not steering you towards that by way of less incentive to buy it in the first place.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2024, 09:45:01 AM »
Yes I've noticed that the Jazz doesnt feature in any of the "top 10  hybrids for of 2024" lists I looked at.   Despite the Jazz scoring higher in the 2023 listings  than some cars that still appear on the 2024 list. 

I saw a comment that the Jazz is now very expensive for a small car, so maybe its no longer good enough value for money.  Other cars on the list are either cheaper, or larger, or both.

Or maybe  a Mk5  is expected soon ?   

I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

Spodric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR I-MMD CVT 2020
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2024, 12:56:49 PM »
Yes I've noticed that the Jazz doesnt feature in any of the "top 10  hybrids for of 2024" lists I looked at.   Despite the Jazz scoring higher in the 2023 listings  than some cars that still appear on the 2024 list. 

I saw a comment that the Jazz is now very expensive for a small car, so maybe its no longer good enough value for money.  Other cars on the list are either cheaper, or larger, or both.

Or maybe  a Mk5  is expected soon ?

I doubt if there is going to be a Mk5 Jazz. Or, it won't be available in the UK.

Honda might need price cuts to shift RHD facelift Mk4 Jazz stock. Honda dealers are taking on franchises for rival marques like MG. I wonder what Honda (UK) can do about that. If the dealers themselves become less loyal, that may indicate a shrinking loyal customer base too.

The Honda-e seems to be a flop. Insufficient range. Too expensive. When did you last see one on the road?

Other major manufacturers are abandoning the small car market. Ford has dropped the Fiesta. VW has dropped the Up! and might drop the Polo as well. Audi is abandoning the A1. Not enough profit in new small cars. I think more buyers especially women seem to want small SUVs and are willing to pay premium prices for the cool image. The Crosstar is not butch enough; sorry folks!

Sign of the times. 

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2024, 05:39:06 PM »
I think some manufacturers have gone down the route of believing the legislation regarding emmissions is impacting what they continue to produce . I dont see the likes of the ford fiesta not selling - the reality is the cost to produce HEVs is something ford cant afford to do. Honda toyota have full HEV range and dont make a small car , fiesta sized . Trying to shoe horn the HEV kit into a small car would be very difficult. The engine bay in the jazz is full . Toyota aygo x is a 1 litre petrol with 99 g -its a good sellar for toyota and balances out the global emissions for the range which includes GT 86 and supra sports cars . Toyota dont import the new landcrusier into the uk because of the emissions penalty-. Its still a global seller and i believe has a brand new diesel engine . Honda is selling 2% of what it makes in european markets so the uk is niche for the uk . The Chinese brands BYD and ORA will be followed by others . As the uk changes to agency dealers delivering internet ordered cars the new brands will fill some of the gaps especially if they offer better value motoring . Dacia has an increasing market share . Renault wanted to buy skoda ahead of VAG but skoda felt a better future with the VAG parts pool to access so they are more upmarket than dacia today  -(and along way from my first skoda made in 70s with 60 tech) ..

Terryp

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz EX crosstar
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2024, 06:06:08 PM »
I have to say that for the high price of the crosstar, its inability to provide a passenger seat that can be raised and lowered and even a sat nav that actually has traffic alerts is shameful.

If I could turn back the clock id certainly give the crosstar a miss, yes it was my fault not digging deeper into what was in it, but seeing what is out there now especially in the KIA market etc I do feel that Honda took the pee on their marketing.

I enjoy my crosstar but Honda have themselves to blame.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2024, 07:27:52 PM »
As the uk is honda s niche small market i dont suppose they are too concerned about pricing - and perhaps it reflects in the bligerent attutude to warranty claims and customer care ?

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: My Hondas: Were. Original HR-V, 4 CR-Vs, Jazz, HR-V e:HEV. CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV. Now eNiro4+
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2024, 09:21:30 PM »
As I have said before, I think Honda's days in the U.K. may be numbered.
We are a very small market for them compared to the rest of the world..
They appear to be failing fast in the antipodes.

It would not surprise me to see them follow Mitsubishi and pull out of the U.K.altogether.

Honda rices are becoming ridiculous for what they are and judging by the comments on this and other fora heir reliability is going down the pan.

Such a shame. I have had 8 Hondas and loved them all.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Tags: