Author Topic: Time Zone Changing  (Read 1019 times)

IvorJazz

• Approved Member
Time Zone Changing
« on: September 28, 2023, 10:21:58 AM »
Hi. Sometimes usually after restarting a short while after a journey the ICE screen takes a long time to restart. I think it's maybe crashed and rebooting but eventually reappears and works as normal....except on some occasions the clock is an hour later than it should be. Going into time zone settings it has changed to Central European time zone. I remember on my earlier Jazzes, Mk 2 and 3 the ICE screen also rebooted and I think it has been well documented in the past but it looks to me that Honda haven't addressed this problem. Wondered if anyone else has come across this?

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Time Zone Changing
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 12:07:53 PM »
It was discussed in the past, its normal, it seems to depend on number of start and up-time. It then does a complete restart on the next startup, so sometimes takes longer to start. Never had an issue with the time setting back to CET.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 03:26:33 PM »
Mine has delayed once or twice, but only by a minute or so. Never had the time zone issue though.
Incidentally, other makes of car I have owned have delayed the ICE at times too.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 07:13:44 AM »
The only issue I have ever had with time zones is when driving alongside  the River Danube  in Romania.  Serbia ,a couple of hundred meters away on the other side  of the river, is in a different time zone.   The time keeps changing between Romania and Serbia time.      Not a fault  - it just shows  how precisely it normally picks up its signals.

I am also cautious of using a mobile phone ,or phone based navigation system , on that road  because if its picked up by a Serbia carrier  the cost is MUCH  higher than in EU Romania.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: