Author Topic: First car query  (Read 1060 times)

Newdriver

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2010
First car query
« on: July 14, 2023, 10:21:41 PM »
Hi everyone. I’m a new driver and my first car is the the jazz se 2010 1.2l. I know very little about cars so came here with a query.

I got the car couple weeks ago and getting used to the car driving during the day but noticed in the headlights lever that there is no dipped headlights option? It’s either off, side lights or high beam. I have included a pic in this post. I looked online and other cars have an auto option? Please advise

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: First car query
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 06:19:35 AM »
Hi everyone. I’m a new driver and my first car is the the jazz se 2010 1.2l. I know very little about cars so came here with a query.

I got the car couple weeks ago and getting used to the car driving during the day but noticed in the headlights lever that there is no dipped headlights option? It’s either off, side lights or high beam. I have included a pic in this post. I looked online and other cars have an auto option? Please advise

Push/Pull stalk

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 06:59:45 AM »
To clarify,Thats not pressing in the end.  Push the whole stalk towards the dashboard, or pull it towards yourself to change between main and dipped beam.    You can also flash the headlights briefly in this way to warn other drivers 'I am here'. 

The stalk in your photo also  switches on your rear fog lights.    Do you know how and when to use this?     I think there may be other obscure controls and feature of your car  you have yet to learn about.     You should spend some time reading the owners handbook to learn them all.   If you dont have a paper copy you may be able to download a free pdf copy on line. 

Auto headlights are an advanced high tech feature which many new cars still dont have.  And very few,if any, cars from 2010 would have it.

I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 08:51:56 AM »
May I recommend you buy the Honda driver manual for your new Jazz, only a few £ - plenty on internet eBay etc, this booklet provides useful information on the driver controls as well as maintenance advice. Enjoy your Jazz.

Geordielad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX CVT 2018
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 09:36:42 AM »

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2023, 12:24:06 PM »

Tags: