Author Topic: What roof rack for Jazz 2009 Panoramic (Glass roof)  (Read 986 times)

Fizgig

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2009 Panoramic
What roof rack for Jazz 2009 Panoramic (Glass roof)
« on: June 12, 2023, 10:57:38 AM »
Hey all, I'm having trouble finding roof rack bars for my 2009 panoramic roof.  Halfrods said none of the Thule fittings would be suitable (they didn't physically check the car).

Any advice?  Thanks! :D

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
Re: What roof rack for Jazz 2009 Panoramic (Glass roof)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 07:12:24 PM »
Don't know if there is any difference between the panoramic and normal roof system (although it would depend on the design and could not have feet resting on the glass).

I have bought some from an eBay seller that said they are the same for either roof and they appear to be based on the Thule pattern.

When I was researching this I couldn't find any indication that either the Honda branded ones nor the Thule set had different part numbers for the different roofs. Perhaps someone knows different but I have trial fitted the set I bought and the foot pads rest on the metal part of the roof with the clamps fitting in the door openings.

I have no intention of using these to take heavy loads such as a roof box full of holiday gear but just need them to carry long items (such as fence posts) that will not fit inside the car.

(Would post a link on what  have found but so far have not had any luck with inserting links but will keep trying).

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 12:51:20 PM »
Avoid any roof fittings if your Jazz has glass roof.

GBH

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX Auto
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 04:56:30 PM »
I was beginning to become concerned about the kit I bought but have found that this question has come up before, and provided you buy the correct type of foot kit and keep to the low weight restriction, you should be O.K.

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7605.0

Tags:

anything