Author Topic: Double dsappointment but...  (Read 1780 times)

Saucebox

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 jazz EX
Double dsappointment but...
« on: January 19, 2023, 06:03:32 PM »
Last week I bought a 14 month old example with 9,000 miles on the clock but subsequently discover there's an extremely annoying creak coming from the rear n|s of the cabin. Next Wednesday it goes in for what I hope will be elimination though I'm not at all confident that that will be the outcome. We shall see. I can't abide such noises and I'm not so much surprised as taken aback to encounter this kind of fault via a manufacturer renown for excellent build quality.

Additionally there's that godawful bing‐bong chime which assails you immediately on opening the driver's door. How I  h a t e  it! In  the px car the nuisance was easily eradicated and I'm fervently hoping it will be similarly possible with this vehicle too.

On a brighter note, two instantly noticeable and pleasing aspects are the (a) urban ride quality, variously criticised by professional reviewers, which I've found to be no problem at all and (b) crisp graphics on the very easy‐to‐use satnav device plus crystal clear voice-over instructions. That was not the case with my former wheels so this time round these things are a huge and most welcome improvement.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Double dsappointment but...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 04:14:59 AM »
I haven't got any chime when I open the driver's door !

Maybe check the settings.
Let's be careful out there !

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Civic e:hev elegance 2024
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 07:30:45 AM »
I think you mean the Honda startup screen when you say chimes. In my car it is very subtle and hardly noticeable / hearable.
Hope they can solve the annoying crack; it may very well be something simple like a seat belt between the magic seats?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 09:13:31 AM »
I too think it will be something simple like the magic seats or the folding seat back  not fully engaged.  Have you tried with a passenger sitting in the back?

I dont get annoying bing bongs every time I open the door.   Only as a warning if I have forgotten things such as opening the drivers door from the inside while the car is  still powered up and  not in P.   Some other systems may give warning bongs from time to time. 

As suggested check  your settings.   As with most modern high tech  cars it definitely pays to read ,and fully understand, the instructions  to get the best out of it.  There is a lot of stuff in the manual and its quite a steep learning curve.  I still find things I hadnt learned, or didnt fully understand or have forgotten . :-[
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 10:15:30 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

tfw7

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 72 Jazz SR
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 03:50:06 PM »
I get the bong bong hello chime on entering the car
Pleasant sounding, nowhere near as annoying as the darned parking sensors!!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 05:32:52 AM »
All I get is the musical chime with the Speedo display starting up when I've climbed in and close the door.

Has to be a user setting. I know when I got mine I turned as many bongs off as it let me.

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 05:08:51 PM »
nowhere near as annoying as the darned parking sensors!!

You can set those warnings to volume min in Meter Setup/ Alarm Volume Control. Not so bad then.

tfw7

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 12:04:27 PM »

You can set those warnings to volume min in Meter Setup/ Alarm Volume Control. Not so bad then.
Have had it on min since the dealers' forecourt - unfortunately still ear-splittingly loud

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 12:24:56 PM »
I went out to mine just after you first posted, opened the driver's door, nothing, no sound of any kind.

Jumped in, nothing, then only when I closed the door did the Speedo display light up and I got a little tune.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2023, 02:45:43 PM »

Have had it on min since the dealers' forecourt - unfortunately still ear-splittingly loud

... You must have very sensitive hearing!

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2023, 03:13:08 PM »
Problem solved:   :P
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 06:17:22 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

tfw7

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2023, 06:33:04 PM »
Yes both - I do have sensitive hearing, and I do have to wear earplugs!!

I do wish I could disable the noise, and just have the visual alert(I guess it probably COULD be done, but I am not one for digging around with fuses etc)

Tags:

anything