Author Topic: Catalytic converter stolen from my 2003 Jazz SE Sport  (Read 10253 times)

jim157

• Registered Member
Re: Catalytic converter stolen from my 2003 Jazz SE Sport
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2022, 10:00:25 AM »
Well, I returned to my Jazz yesterday evening after work to find out the cat had been stolen.  There were three mk1's parked in the car park and all their cats had been pinched, it looks like a professional job as they were cleanly cut off.
It's all the more depressing that it was a university/NHS car park, so the thieves don't give a toss about who they target...

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue, previously GD x 3
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2022, 10:19:13 AM »
Well, I returned to my Jazz yesterday evening after work to find out the cat had been stolen.  There were three mk1's parked in the car park and all their cats had been pinched, it looks like a professional job as they were cleanly cut off.
It's all the more depressing that it was a university/NHS car park, so the thieves don't give a toss about who they target...

So sorry to hear this

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2022, 11:26:44 AM »
And they seem so brazen. Often in broad daylight, and if confronted they will threaten violence and carry on rather than doing a runner. Presumably they dont consider the chances of of being caught by the police as very high. 

I think about 30 odd years ago we had a spate of thefts locally from particular cars. Long before cat converters . I cant remember what it was . Might have been new fangled radio technology.

The local police parked  'trap cars'  in likely locations. If attacked I think these a silent  alarm, and in those days there were enough police patrols  for a high chance of being caught.  I think it might also have dead locked the scum bag  inside the car..     I dont know if they ever actually caught anyone, but their existance wasnt kept secret from local crooks (or honest citizens like me)  . The spate of thefts ended.    Could all have been a bluff. Maybe there werent really any trap cars  ;D

They could do the same for cat converter thefts.   Maybe a mk 1 jazz left somewhere likely   with a tracker hidden in the cat.  Track them back to their lair, or to the  crooked scrap dealer. Or with lots of video cameras under the car and elsewhere activated when the car is jacked up , or even spray them with blue security dye.   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 11:33:00 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2022, 11:32:29 AM »
And they seem so brazen. Often in broad daylight, and if confronted they will threaten violence and carry on rather than doing a runner. Presumably they don't consider the chances of of being caught by the police as very high. 

The only people in danger of being caught by Police these days are motorists doing 1mph over the limit and people using mildly offensive language on Twitter etc and accused of 'a hate crime' ( one of the many available these days )..... The real villains who blight our lives feel secure from the attention of plod...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 11:34:02 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything