Author Topic: new car advice please  (Read 1098 times)

Country Cousin

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 4 X
new car advice please
« on: February 18, 2022, 01:05:31 PM »
Hello team

During a dealer ‘event’ we went to check out the new Jazz and were pleasantly surprised. The new one does indeed ride and go much better than our 2016 EX and the Apple car play is a great improvement. The main niggle I found was the loss of storage for a spare wheel and the loss of seat height adjust for the front passenger. I would also have preferred the 185/60 R15 tyres for the EX.

I was however somewhat disappointed by the limited colour/trim permutations on the new car. Hence two Qs if I may:

1. Does the grey fabric/‘leather’ combo look ok over time or is it a palaver to keep clean? (we have back fabric now with met. blue paint which we like)
2. What is the ‘water repellent' Cross star fabric like to live with? Does the upholstery feel a bit clammy in the summer and/or also hold the dirt?

I am not sure we definitely will change now as we still quite like our current car which does everything we need (and is paid for!!). But the new one is overall an attractive proposition and they have made us a good p/ex offer ….. Thank you for any guidance.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: new car advice please
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 02:43:09 PM »
I can't look in your wallet, but if your current Jazz does what it's supposed to do, you can just keep driving it.
On the other hand, when you consider that your Jazz is now 6 years old, that used cars are now being bought and sold for unimaginable prices and you have a good p/ex offer... Not an easy choice and as I already said said: I can't look in your wallet...

As for your questions, we avoided the first question by choosing the dark option, as it's fairly predictable that... you can fill in the answer yourself.
Question 2 was not a problem for us as we did not want to go for the Crosstar anyway because the Crosstar has to much Tupperware around, lacks the blind spot monitoring, the cross traffic monitor and the (bonus) heated steering wheel.
Another downside for the Crosstar: the even weirder tire size than the 16" on the EX. We wanted our Jazz delivered on good all season tires. Try and find them for a Crosstar...

And last but not least: we are not really crazy about the SUV/Crossover hype.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 02:54:48 PM »
Hello team

During a dealer ‘event’ we went to check out the new Jazz and were pleasantly surprised. The new one does indeed ride and go much better than our 2016 EX and the Apple car play is a great improvement. The main niggle I found was the loss of storage for a spare wheel and the loss of seat height adjust for the front passenger. I would also have preferred the 185/60 R15 tyres for the EX.

I was however somewhat disappointed by the limited colour/trim permutations on the new car. Hence two Qs if I may:

1. Does the grey fabric/‘leather’ combo look ok over time or is it a palaver to keep clean? (we have back fabric now with met. blue paint which we like)
2. What is the ‘water repellent' Cross star fabric like to live with? Does the upholstery feel a bit clammy in the summer and/or also hold the dirt?

I am not sure we definitely will change now as we still quite like our current car which does everything we need (and is paid for!!). But the new one is overall an attractive proposition and they have made us a good p/ex offer ….. Thank you for any guidance.
I have a Crosstar and regarding the seat fabric it's very comfortable and easy to clean, also a bonus on wet days that you don't have to worry about seats getting soaked. I've had mine a year now and very pleased with my choice. You also have the option of 2-tone paint  (mine is white with black roof).

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 02:55:16 PM »
I have the grey half leather seats in mine, they have been fine and easy to clean with just a wipe.

If they are wet from rain they do look a bit dark where wet but are fine when they dry out.

You might find that you get a great trade in price that makes it worth changing. Second hand cars have a much great value than normal at the moment.

When I first started looking at Jazz I was looking at 3 year old mark 3 cars but they were selling at dealers for 16k when you could pick up a one year old SE mark 4 for only 2k more.

The free servicing and warranty for 5 years made a brand new car worth it for me.

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 03:39:10 PM »

I have a Crosstar and regarding the seat fabric it's very comfortable and easy to clean, also a bonus on wet days that you don't have to worry about seats getting soaked. I've had mine a year now and very pleased with my choice. You also have the option of 2-tone paint  (mine is white with black roof).
[/quote]

I second that.  The seats are fine.  When we ordered ours back in November the dealer said there were no two-tones available and none coming in in the short term and they, the dealer, were not taking any orders for the two-tone. May have changed now though.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 04:22:10 PM »
As a Crosstar owner I can confirm seats very comfortable. Trim wearing very well and easy to keep clean and copes with our dog too!

Country Cousin

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk 4 X
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 12:09:30 PM »
Thank you everyone for the replies. So it looks as if either upholstery works fine which is reassuring. I note 60% of replies are from x-star owners. I will go and have another look!

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 12:26:26 PM »
No problems with the lighter coloured EX seats either.

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2022, 02:08:58 PM »
The light coloured interior is not a problem and mine has remained like new. It is one of the things that has been better than expected.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

Tags: