Author Topic: Things to Consider when Receiving Your New Jazz  (Read 1168 times)

Eros

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar e:hev 2022 Premium Sunlight White
Things to Consider when Receiving Your New Jazz
« on: February 18, 2022, 05:39:10 PM »
My Jazz Crosstar is coming soon and I wonder what are the things I should consider. What should come with the car, is there a standard about it or does it vary from dealer to dealer? Are there some extras I should ask?

R2D3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar in Sunlight White
Re: Things to Consider when Receiving Your New Jazz
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 06:51:41 PM »
My Jazz Crosstar is coming soon and I wonder what are the things I should consider. What should come with the car, is there a standard about it or does it vary from dealer to dealer? Are there some extras I should ask?

I always get rubber floor mats and boot mat and for my Crosstar this was just what i did.  The accessories list is quite short as almost everything is already there or is a factory fitted option only. Check out the accessories in the brochure on the website though.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.41
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 07:47:48 PM »

I always get rubber floor mats and boot mat and for my Crosstar this was just what i did.  The accessories list is quite short as almost everything is already there or is a factory fitted option only. Check out the accessories in the brochure on the website though.

As above plus, surprisingly useful a Tailgate Strap - cost on list about £45 but mine zero

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 04:48:56 AM »
My list was :

Dashcam, wired in to accessory option connector socket.
Secondary SatNav (Garmin DS61) with proper traffic.
Replace dealer fit number plate screws with anti-tamper
Hi-Vis coat in boot
Pen and pad in glove box.
DIY active phone mount.
Mini profile USB stick with my music.

Centre armrest :
LED torch
Spare reading glasses
Swiss army knife

Under boot cavity :
Bag, in case car has to be emptied for whatever reason.
Knee pads
Bobble hat
Gloves.

Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 07:03:03 AM »
If Sweden is anything like the uk the negotiation for 'freebies' such as floor mats etc  needs to be done when ordering. When collecting the dealer has less incentive to give a discount.

In france ,and possibly elsewhere, the law requires the hi viz jacket to be kept where you can reach it without getting out of the car. It makes sense.You are at risk just  walking to the boot to fetch it.

Spare distance glasses  if needed. ( a legal requirement in Switzerland)

The list of such things is endless.    Fire extinguisher, snow chains, snow shovel , reflective triangle (better still two)  first aid kit ,ice scrapers, spare fuses, a few simple tools, . I carry what is a legal requirement in mainland  europe

I decided to keep my old yaris as a second car. I forgot to factor in the cost  of having to duplicate things I would otherwise just have transfered from one car to the other. >:(
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 07:06:07 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 10:06:34 AM »

In france ,and possibly elsewhere, the law requires the hi viz jacket to be kept where you can reach it without getting out of the car. It makes sense.You are at risk just  walking to the boot to fetch it.

The list of such things is endless.    Fire extinguisher, snow chains, snow shovel , reflective triangle (better still two)  first aid kit ,ice scrapers, spare fuses, a few simple tools, . I carry what is a legal requirement in mainland  europe

Does this explain why UK has the least road casualties and accidents in Europe ? ? ?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 11:40:55 AM »

Does this explain why UK has the least road casualties and accidents in Europe ? ? ?

I've often wondered how the uk manage that.  Unique way that the NHS report statistics maybe  ;)
Perhaps we have fewer mountain passes, (or dykes to drown in for the Netherlands  ;D )

I doubt  a first aid kit with a few sticking plasters will have saved many road deaths.  The compulsory first aid training required for a driving licence in some countries might have.  But we apparently manage better without   :-*
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2022, 11:46:38 AM »
Take everything out of your old car, as regards what for the new Jazz it's down to Goodwill from the dealership once deal done. Enjoy your new Jazz.

Tags:

anything