Author Topic: Handling the Unexpected  (Read 4832 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Handling the Unexpected
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2021, 08:43:58 AM »
A further consideration is that the deflation warning system will warn of a tyre going soft before it gets damaged. However, it won't help in the situation of, for example, running over a peice of jagged metal which causes an instant flat.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Saycol

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2021, 09:30:41 AM »
I am strongly in the carry a spare side of the argument, regardless of the frequency of punctures there is to me the same potential risk as the current hard shoulder 'debate' on motorways.

Having had experienced a split tyre on the wonderful A9 at least a wheel change reduced the exposure to danger rather than the now necessary wait in a totally exposed location for help!!

But one other note - I was trying out lifting my new Crosstar using 'standard' scissor jacks, one had a nearly flat top (Honda)and the other (Draper) had a location groove for the re-inforced lifting points. The rear lifting points are thicker than the front so the grooved jack would not accomodate the lifting point.

I understand the Draper scissor Jack but what exactly is the Honda Jack? I had thought about acquiring a scissor Jack myself so the information about the different dimensions of the lifting points is interesting.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2021, 01:00:47 PM »
This is what a Honda jack lifting surface is like, there is no cut slot, only an indent.

Tags:

anything