Author Topic: Battery going flat quickly  (Read 2055 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Battery going flat quickly
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2021, 12:48:13 PM »
Thanks all.

What's a permanent solution without having to leave headlights on during daytime?

Shall I buy a new battery and see how it goes? Anyone recommend a model and seller for the Jazz Mk1 2005?

With the amount of starts you are doing and the small battery on the Jazz ( no room for a bigger one ) no real answer....

https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/yuasa/ybx5054/

Best value and super quick delivery,  look at same battery on Halfords will cost £90    HSB154 Silver

Thanks yea I was just in Halfords yesterday it was £89 for the 154  :o

Is this the same seller on Amazon? Price after postage is same.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076TBC6KS/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_P0V95DPZB90DBA4K9T00

On Amazon it appears you are buying direct from Yuasa ( they have a factory in South Wales IIRC )
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Ishaq

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2005
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2021, 11:10:18 AM »
I've got the battery so changing it now.

Is it normal for oil to run dry frequently for my usage? I seem to be topping up every month or 2.

Or is that a sign of something wrong?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2021, 11:49:08 AM »

Is it normal for oil to run dry frequently for my usage? I seem to be topping up every month or 2.

No Honda I have ever had has used oil between oil changes, even when mileage was 190,000 miles...

Stop/  start short distance driving can be hard on oil though, and how many miles are you covering before oil needs topping up ?  Many makes of cars do burn up oil, but Honda is not one of them.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2021, 07:27:50 PM »

No, that's not normal to need to top up the oil regularly.

Tags: