Author Topic: Throttle has a mind of its own (errors po638 po039)  (Read 21464 times)

guest436

Re: Throttle has a mind of its own (errors po638 po039)
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 09:42:54 PM »
Ironic....going from one throttle problem to another! :) ;)

guest1428

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 07:52:24 AM »
Toyota??

Are you sure with their quality record at the moment............

I would welcome a throttle that stuck open, at least the car would move. When my Jazz decides to have this fault it cant be moved at all because there is no connection between the peddle movements and the rpm.

All new Toyotas now have 5yr warranty. All toyotas new or used bought from official dealers are guarenteed to not have the throttle problem. Im driving a rental toyota atm. Plus theres a toyota dealer about 300m from where I live, so easy to get to for servicing or any problems I might have.

I want no hastle driving and Honda cant give me that. Honda wont even pickup my car for repair and I have to arrange everything myself... so Ill give Toyota a try.

PS: The towing guy that transported my Jazz the last time, recommended Toyota. Its the brand he least has to transport to dealers because of breakdowns and the make he bought himself for that very reason.

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »
Re reading this thread, I am wondering if i should disconnect the battery and retrain the ECM if it has never been done. I purchased the car 16-18 months ago and remember the sales rep advising the battery had run low in the show room.  Would this make a difference now? What other problems may i encounter by disconnecting the battery?

guest1898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 03:07:52 AM »
You can try to re-learn the idle position but also check your throttle body and cables and the throttle position sensor.

Tags: