New Honda Jazz - would you buy one?

Yes
64 (82.1%)
No
3 (3.8%)
Maybe
11 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Honda Jazz GE Reviews (LOCKED - please start new topic for each review)  (Read 28622 times)

Fido

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 48mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 Jazz ES+I-VTEC CVT
Re: Our 2009- Honda Jazz Reviews
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2009, 10:40:33 AM »
I have a Jazz 1.4SE auto which is 5 years old on March 2 2010 and has now done 43,000 miles. Nothing in these reviews encourages me to replace it soon with the new auto equivalent model.

Would anyone care to persuade me? Is there something else on the horizon of which I should be aware?

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2010, 08:55:57 AM »

Would anyone care to persuade me? Is there something else on the horizon of which I should be aware?

The concerning thing, and the reason we changed ours at 6yrs old, is that Jazz is getting a bit of a repuation for going wrong at 6-7 years old.  See http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=556

The main issue for you, if you want another auto, is the iShift gearbox on the new model.  Some people say they get used to it, others say it's just awful.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2010, 11:05:34 AM »

[/quote] The concerning thing, and the reason we changed ours at 6yrs old, is that Jazz is getting a bit of a repuation for going wrong at 6-7 years old.  See http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=556 [/quote]

Everthing is relative with reliability, my mate is a mechanic and he loves people who buy French, Italian and Vauxhall cars because they keep him and his mates in constant and profitable work. They are unreliable when they leave the factory (check JD Power) and I would love to see the true 'cost of ownership' figures (rather than just the initial lower price) over say 6 year period.  Low mileage is no indicator of how well a car has been cared for or value for money when buying a used car as some 'well below average mileage' cars have been used solely for local short runs which is far harder on the engine and everything else than genuine long-run (eg. motorway) mileage, which will keep your car as 'fit as a butchers dog'.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest516

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
I have a Jazz 1.4SE auto which is 5 years old on March 2 2010 and has now done 43,000 miles. Nothing in these reviews encourages me to replace it soon with the new auto equivalent model.

Hi Fido
A little late in the day but I missed your original post  :(
I have now had my EX i-shift for  a year now & 9000 plus miles :)
Yes I have had times when I wondered why I had bought an i-shift because it didn't run as my previous Jazz Sport CVT :-\. Now I wouldn't change back ;D. The car now feels under my control at all times & holds the road particularly well when throwing it round corners ::). The down side is that I drive it more aggressively which damages my mpg - now 46/77 previous 50/51 ::)

Tags: