Author Topic: For those that think their Jazz is underpowered!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3765 times)

guest5079

For those that think their Jazz is underpowered!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 15, 2017, 11:18:29 AM »
  You think your Jazz is slow.
 Well a Fit owner in the USA came up with the answer. He fitted a Honda J32 engine to a GE  Fit ( Jazz). This engine is a V6 from an Accura and turns out about 300BHP. I really was totally absorbed at what was done and the best of it is, externally it doesn't look much different to a standard car. Wheels apart. The builder speaks of rear suspension from a Fit EV which is more like conventional suspension. So the Yanks have an EV already. Figures of 12+ seconds for a standing quarter  of a mile.
Whatever your bag of beans if you have a spare 20 minutes, go onto Fit Freak and look for the V6 into a Fit and all is disclosed with photos.
I don't think it would get a DOT certificate.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: For those that think their Jazz is underpowered!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 11:54:11 AM »
I suspect the bodyshell would not survive the torque for long without stiffening ..

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 01:15:00 PM »
The pictures of cars with their fronts missing are always illuminating,  I guess in this case they lined up the driveshaft positions then tilted the engine until they found best 'fit'.  Add some custom radiator work and jobs a good 'un.  Mention of the rear suspension does remind me of the 4 wheel drive GD2 & GD4 and GE7 & GE9.

--
TG

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:25:36 PM »
The person that did the evil deed spent quite a bit of time getting it right. Looking at the pics, it all seemed to fit although he did fabricate some tubular frame for the front which appeared to be bolted straight onto the existing 'horns' and new mountings. It was of course a custom exhaust and a new rad but as I said appearance wise all the difference appeared to be was a slightly enlarged hump in the bonnet.Bigger tyres of course. All else must have been as Mr Honda designed it as the headlight units were not moved. I did not read all nine pages but if I got it correct he had more problems with the wiring than anything else. I would not like to drive it though as the gear change was up by his elbow.
As it was a 'wrecker' I don't suppose he was too worried about the bodyshell.

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 04:35:55 PM »
New exhaust and filter with remap will give you a nice 25bhp more.

guest7917

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 07:26:58 PM »
Any recommendations for a good place to have an L-series remapped? Everywhere I've looked only do K, D and B series

nigelr

• Approved Member
  • 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'
  • Fuel economy: 45 mpg
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 09:42:41 AM »
Brilliant - but I'll stick with the 1.4 -- the challenge is to drive it smoothly working around its obvious power limitations!  8)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 12:08:15 PM »
The mk2 I-vtec can be a bit embarrassing if you change up too early, especially first to second. You have to ready to rev the motor a bit, not easy if you used to drive a diesel, which has characteristics totally opposite to I-vtec.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 02:31:47 PM »
The mk2 I-vtec can be a bit embarrassing if you change up too early, especially first to second. You have to ready to rev the motor a bit, not easy if you used to drive a diesel, which has characteristics totally opposite to I-vtec.
Which is exactly what happened to me in 2013 when I went from a CRV 2.2iDtec to a Jazz Mk2 1.4iVtec. Took about a fortnight to adapt my driving, which is largely on steep hills and bendy roads. Once I got the hang of it I never had another problem with the performance of that car.

nigelr

• Approved Member
  • 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'
  • Fuel economy: 45 mpg
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 07:40:22 PM »
I do find my Jazz Mk2 a bit laid back compared with my previous motor, ironic really because that was a little Fiat Panda with half the horse power and not exactly the last word in performance. I've found it's just a matter of getting used to the characteristics of the gearbox and engine. But I'm getting more MPG than a previous diesel and the little Panda, so I'm good.

Tags: