Author Topic: Immobiliser problem - or what?  (Read 5947 times)

guest7037

Re: Immobiliser problem - or what?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 09:01:27 PM »
Don't you think the AA man should've picked up on that ? Listening for a fuel pump running is surely one of the first things you'd do at a none starter??

hemming

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 11:47:12 AM »
Yes, it would have been good if either of the 2 AA men or the third mechanic/recovery driver had found the fault. However, it started for both the AA men after about 30 minutes and the car did re-start for a short time (a day or 2 ) thereafter. I felt that the AA did what they reasonably could in a realistic time unlike the dealer which had the car for 11 days and could not find a fault...
In response to Jocko's recent post I was tempted to name and shame the dealers but in the end decided not to, mainly to avoid any further aggro.
Judging by the invoice, the independent garage found the problem within less than an hour by employing a bit of diligence.

guest5079

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 02:02:58 PM »
Unfortunately if you make your concerns known either to the dealer or indeed Honda, it's all your fault.
Whilst on the subject of being a little unhappy with service, just read an item in a magazine I take and it seems more and more firms are using the ' Gesture of goodwill' when they eventually fix a problem that is in fact covered in Law as their responsibility.
It is amazing the number of multi nationals that are either ignorant of the law or deliberately try and hoodwink the public.

Tags: