Author Topic: Hi from the UK  (Read 3671 times)

guest5690

Hi from the UK
« on: October 06, 2015, 08:15:59 PM »
 Well, hasn't the Jazz come a long way since we first bought one in 2002!!,we changed that after less than a year as the suspension then was really bumpy and totally unsuitable for the country roads where I live. We swapped that for a 1.6 Civic EX which had never let us down until a few weeks ago which prompted us to look at the Jazz again and bought a 2012 EX model.

Overall it is a vast improvement on the old model but we are trying to come to terms with the loss in power compared to the Civic :( and I am surprised that the air con makes such a difference to the power when it kicks in, even dimming the light momentarily, I have never had a car before that was affected as much by the air con........the jury is out as to whether we keep it any length of time.

Still a lovely car though and just as well I have the CRV 2.2 diesel as my main drive :)

Oh forgot to mention I live in Northumberland.

This arrived today as my first "mod"

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-jazz-chrome-front-grille-p-693.html

The Climair sports wind visors in black are on their way too and as a matter of urgency I am currently looking for an identical alloy wheel for in the boot as a spare, I would never go any distance without one!.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: Hi from the UK
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 10:11:29 AM »
Hello and welcome  8)

I'm just in Newcastle (live near Silverlink)

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 11:38:11 AM »
Hi and welcome, I try to use the aircon as little as possible due to the loss of power like you say. I run it once a month for a bit, in summer when it's very hot and when the windows are fogging up but otherwise I just use the normal blower.
It took me a while to get used to less power compared to my old car, a 2.0 Focus, but if you rev it enough it's more than ok at keeping up with the traffic, I do still get caught out though now and again on steep hills. (Plenty of them where I live!).

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 08:25:42 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags: