Author Topic: Ex Octavia Driver  (Read 1885 times)

guest4004

Ex Octavia Driver
« on: May 11, 2013, 07:45:33 PM »
Hi

Got my jazz 2 days after I started a new job. Missus said I couldn't use her car, so got the Jazz 2002 plate for £2700 with 52000 on the clock. The body looked to be ok for age, and the inside was nice and clean with original Honda Jazz carpets. This is the second car I have brought in 6 years.
I may have brought a Lemon as the wheel well, where you keep the spare wheel fills up with water when it rains, and the steering seems to have a mind of its own. gives a remote feel and seems to fight you when going around bends, although I have read that is normal?. I have got use to it now.
The suspension feels very primitive, but I guess this is normal for the vintage.
I find now that the Engine is burning oil at quite an alarming rate, Im doing 300 miles a week to work. hope I can get it to last for another six months

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Ex Octavia Driver
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:32:28 PM »
when a Honda petrol engine uses oil it's real worry - because they shouldn't need topping up between oil changes.  The Honda Diesel uses oil at about 1 litre /1000 miles.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Ex Octavia Driver
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 03:10:17 PM »
There are some posts about water ingressing into the spare wheel well.   This might be easier to fix than the oil consumption.  You aren't overfilling it are you?
If music be the food of love, play on

Tags: