Author Topic: Jazz GD service costs  (Read 18312 times)

guest3714

Re: Jazz GD service costs
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 04:35:59 PM »
Honda in Enfield, North London

£460 "Level 4 service"?, includes auto gear oil change and winter health check.

guest1583

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 05:54:25 PM »
Service & cost: car due a  50,000mile/4th year service - car has only done 30,000 - I had changed the only other items on the 4 year service, the air filters recently so they offered a minor service discounted as a 'value' service as its over 3 years old. Plugs not due as its only done 30K.
£129 for the oil and filter and  'health checks' with printout. They offered fully syn oil and invoice says 5w30 shell helix ultra, Car was washed and vacumed. Roughly £60 parts and £40 labour plus VAT.(qouted)....

total cost £129..just for oil and filter change? say its fully synthetic oil and a honda oem oil filter plus labor for tha price is ridiculous, your just buying their rubber stamp literally.
    Chack halfords at the moment , boxing day sale, got a fully synthetic engine oil 5w/30 for tenner you wont belive it....and a fram oil filter for £4.50  independent shops,  and coulple of elbow grease..job done..
less tha £20 quid in a 20 minute job.... :'( :'(

guest3735

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 09:35:12 PM »
johnsons honda milton keynes, fixed price service £249...level two(?!) seems equivalent to a normal service according to the list, plugs changed, oil (shell helix), road test, various adjustments/ checks.... mot@ £39. strip down throttle body and clean out...(running much better now)@ £50.... free valet to perfection. no advisories. total cost £337.
the point for me is that i now know i can go pretty much anywhere, because if something has been done, it has been done by a competent mechanic, properly... as opposed to me mucking about with it, shouting a lot and expecting things to work. the cost may be high, but i've never had any problems.... they tried to sell me some "oil conditioner" whatever that may mean.... but a polite refusal meant they took it away again.
took the opportunity while i was there of looking at a GE (1.4ES)....will have to save my pennies!

update... fortron oil conditioner (£20 something from honda) available from britcar for £14.03 delivered. this internet might just catch on....

Tags:

anything