Author Topic: Second Jazz  (Read 5169 times)

joeholiday2

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2011, 1.4 ES Manual, Milano Red
Second Jazz
« on: November 23, 2011, 10:34:40 PM »
Hi There.

Been lurking for years on here, but never registered until now.

We had a GD 1.4 DSi from new for almost 9 years and have just changed (2 weeks ago) to a new 1.4i ES manual.  Still getting used to the car but am impressed so far.  MPG not quite as good but it's early days and hoping it will improve when run in.  Used to get 52MPG on the old GD, the new GE is only showing 48MPG on the same work run, small price to pay for the upgrade though.

Went looking at Kia Rio and Seat Ibiza before deciding on what we know and love, Honda quality....

We drove a Corsa about 18 months ago as a courtesy car when Jenny (wife's name for the old Jazz) was in for a keying scratch repair, it was awful, MPG in the mid 30's, terrible ride.  The car park at work is like a Corsa owners club, don't know what they see in them myself, think it's because you can pick a 12 months old one up cheap.  Just wait until they sell them on, or bits start dropping off them.....
The Father in Law's Automatic Fiesta is a nice car but it guzzles juice, he's thinking about a CVT Jazz EX for his next car, still working on him  ;D

Joe.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:51:58 AM by joeholiday2 »

Geoffers

Re: Second Jazz
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 10:47:09 PM »
Welcome Joe!  ;D ;D ;D

guest2915

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:07:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :D

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 09:20:27 AM »
Hello and welcome  8)

guest2898

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 10:03:28 AM »
Hello and welcome joe, we have a 02 GD and a 09 ES, the mpg on my ES has got better and better as the miles have gone one, i was around the 48mpg mark when i got it (18 months old and 8k on the clock) now 2 years old with 13k and if driven carefully is acheiving 52/53 with town/dual carriageway work, it does well on total petrol for some reason! (i used to use shell/esso with my civic) our GD has just over 100k on it now and is still doing 50mpg combined, sometimes more if the wife takes her heavy boots off!  ;D i know what you mean about corsa's the wife had one before the jazz and i was not keen on it at all, she really see's the difference between that and the jazz, she loves it!,  a girl at work is on her 2nd engine and had l have heard of a lot of issues with cylinder head gaskets failing (the wifes went when we px' it for the jazz. i just wiped the frothy coffee from the flask and oil filler cap! naughty i know!) anyway, enough of me wittering on, enjoy the forum!  ;D

joeholiday2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2011, 1.4 ES Manual, Milano Red
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 09:02:52 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Gaz, nice to know the MPG will improve, Ta.

Talking of MPG, I will post a picture in the gallery that takes some beating...... all we be explained over there.

Joe.

guest2898

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 09:13:25 PM »
No worries...  ;) looking forward to seeing that pic.... its got me curious... im off for a look!!  ;D

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 06:44:13 PM »
Went looking at Kia Rio

The latest one? What did you think of it?

The Father in Law's Automatic Fiesta is a nice car but it guzzles juice, he's thinking about a CVT Jazz EX for his next car, still working on him  ;D

Joe.

Torque converter automatic so they are heavier on the fuel and Co2 emissions. I know someone who had a 1998 Corsa automatic and replaced it with a 2003 53-plate Corsa (same engine and gearbox) and she was shocked by the jump in the cost of road tax as a 2003 is taxed on Co2 emissions not engine size like a '98.

i know what you mean about corsa's the wife had one before the jazz and i was not keen on it at all, she really see's the difference between that and the jazz, she loves it!,  a girl at work is on her 2nd engine and had l have heard of a lot of issues with cylinder head gaskets failing (the wifes

Camshafts are another problem - and Vauxhall are not interested!

guest2898

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 08:52:22 PM »
I don't think she would ever go back to vauxhall, now i have introduced her to the jazz... besides, i would not let her!! lol.  ;D

Tags:

anything