Author Topic: Noise with rear seats folded  (Read 2056 times)

guest2697

Noise with rear seats folded
« on: November 03, 2011, 12:52:21 PM »
I folded my rear seats base for the first time to store the weekly groceries on my new Jazz ES 1.4. and was surprised at the extra road noise generated on the drive home.
At first I thought a rear door or window had been left ajar but the only possible reason that I could find was a gap of an inch or more between where the rear carpet ended, the boot floor and the rear seat backrest met.
The carpet is quite thin and has no sound insulation where the rear footwells rise about 1ft over the rear axle to meet the boot floor and seat belt anchorage points.
As I had some old underfelt in the garage it was a simple job to measure and cut the insulation to clear the tunnel, seatbelts etc. remove the four plastic clips holding the carpet and feed the underfelt both by hand and using a piece of wood between the carpet and flooring.
I finished off by feeding the insulation under the rear seat backrest into the rear of the boot floor
Road noise much reduced now with the rear seats folded .   

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Noise with rear seats folded
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:53:09 AM »
Good idea, any photos of the finished job?

guest1844

• Topic Starter
Re: Noise with rear seats folded
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 09:19:21 PM »
Isn't there some guy who went to town insulating his Jazz? Doors, underbody stuff etc. He said he made it quieter than his Merc. I'm sure he said doing the doors made the biggest difference (lining the inside of the door skins with something) which I can quite believe.

Tags:

anything