Author Topic: What do you work as?  (Read 11355 times)

guest2898

Re: What do you work as?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 07:19:35 PM »
Very true, i always put my handbrake on at traffic lights etc...  yes, LED's are the way forward!!  ;)

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 07:25:51 PM »
Very true, i always put my handbrake on at traffic lights etc...  yes, LED's are the way forward!!  ;)
I think we're part of a dying breed! ;)

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 08:44:15 PM »
First, a reply to the thread, I am a retired electronic security company director.

Now, these LED lights.  In my house, the entire house except for some of the exterior lighting is LED lights and the flood lamps are 52 watt cfls.  I also have a 20 watt LED flood in my driveway attached to a day/night switch.  Then, there is a solar water heater and a heat-pump for the hot water.  The cooker is electric since we don't have mains gas as in the UK.  Five years ago we used to consume 800 kwh a month, now it down to 550 kwh.  In summer (October to early May), the solar heater gets the water to 65 deg with no electricity assistance.  I think LED lights are fantastic energy savers.
If music be the food of love, play on

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 08:49:05 PM »
I think we're part of a dying breed! ;)

Most definately so geoff...  ;) ;D

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 08:50:18 PM »
First, a reply to the thread, I am a retired electronic security company director.

Now, these LED lights.  In my house, the entire house except for some of the exterior lighting is LED lights and the flood lamps are 52 watt cfls.  I also have a 20 watt LED flood in my driveway attached to a day/night switch.  Then, there is a solar water heater and a heat-pump for the hot water.  The cooker is electric since we don't have mains gas as in the UK.  Five years ago we used to consume 800 kwh a month, now it down to 550 kwh.  In summer (October to early May), the solar heater gets the water to 65 deg with no electricity assistance.  I think LED lights are fantastic energy savers.

That is a very big saving indeed... good on you!! us jazz drivers are very sensible with our finances eh??  ;) ;D

guest869

• Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »
I crash cars for  living, often prototypes worth around £0.5 million.

LOL - what's that as your avatar pic?

My 1954 Morris Minor.

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 11:40:10 AM »
I crash cars for  living, often prototypes worth around £0.5 million.

LOL - what's that as your avatar pic?

My 1954 Morris Minor.

RAD!

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 11:49:58 AM »

LED lights are great. Really low power consumption compared to incandescent bulbs and with quite close to the same Flux output. There are loads to choose from. What's even easier is that they're all manufactured in standard light bulb fittings so they can be retrofitted. There is a little gap in the market with the dimmable IC's though. Triac dimmers are pretty nasty as far as a LED is concerned - so there is usually an AC to DC converter in between - but some of them have been designed terribly - air flow for instance is restricted, and the bulb gets roasting hot and diminishes the life span and light output of the LED. But there are some innovations on the way that will fix all of that..
Plus there are a few manufacturers who do an AC led, just wire it in and your good to go :) A friend of mine is currently putting together a LED chandelier with these and its looking very promising! Watch this space!! ;-)

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 02:45:05 PM »
Interesting stuff... i look forward to seeing this LED chandelier!  :D

guest2765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 03:15:35 PM »
Ok so i work in The RCC for Aberdeen city council, mainly taking calls from Community alarms in a call centre (fun job really)

guest3040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 09:44:15 PM »
I work as an In-House Engineer for a packaging machine company.

Tags: