Author Topic: Honda Jazz Mk4 2020  (Read 1183 times)

hayrettin

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz hybrid
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020
« on: June 21, 2023, 12:47:02 PM »
When I turn the Honda jazz hybrid, steering wheel fully (when I park somewhere), I hear an abnormal sound from the steering system.  Anyone experiencing this problem?  (Note: this article has been translated by Google)

SM-M526BR cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
Re: Honda Jazz Mk4 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 06:54:28 PM »
Is it if you park on a hill or slope on full  lock the electric steering motor is trying to overcome the effect of the hill trying to turn the wheels ack again?

hayrettin

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 07:08:18 PM »
Is it if you park on a hill or slope on full  lock the electric steering motor is trying to overcome the effect of the hill trying to turn the wheels ack again?
Firstly, thank you.  The problem I have is the abnormal sound that comes out only when I turn the steering wheel fully.  There is no such thing as overcoming an obstacle.  more uphill.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 07:19:34 PM »
My Mk 1 did the same at full lock, as did my Volvo before it.

hayrettin

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 07:45:57 PM »
When I turn the Honda jazz hybrid, steering wheel fully (when I park somewhere), I hear an abnormal sound from the steering system.  Anyone experiencing this problem?  (Note: this article has been translated by Google)

authorized Honda dealer could not find a solution.  The problem was reported to Honda Turkey with video recording.  The steering system replacement will have to wait for approval.

Pine

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda IZY Lawnmower
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 09:51:26 AM »
I had the same thing on another make of car.  The explanation I was give was something like; when you go on full lock the power steering is still trying to turn the wheels when the physical mechanics of the steering are against the stops.  To prevent it just turn the steering wheel back slightly from full lock.

hayrettin

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 10:50:32 AM »
I had the same thing on another make of car.  The explanation I was give was something like; when you go on full lock the power steering is still trying to turn the wheels when the physical mechanics of the steering are against the stops.  To prevent it just turn the steering wheel back slightly from full lock.
Honda authorized service also accepts the problem I explained as a problem.  I think most of these series cars have this problem.  I think everyone should check the thread I'm talking about.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023, 12:32:21 PM »

I had the same on a Volkswagen and my cure was the same as you, back off slightly from full lock
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:42:42 PM by Derkie54 »
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2023, 01:14:19 PM »
...I thought every car would whinge when on full lock!  :-X

Tags:

anything