Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2023 rattles.creaks etc  (Read 2100 times)

yooser

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: EX Style in red.
Honda Jazz 2023 rattles.creaks etc
« on: June 15, 2023, 11:53:05 AM »
Hello,
My 2023 Honda Jazz Ex style has just started ---- within the last few weeks before the very hot weather---- a rattle creaking type of noise from the central dash below the climate control area , it's at it's worst when driving over a rough road surface and doesn't seem to be governed by the speed being travelled.
I've had my 'noise location detector' -- fully qualified Dip Mech automotive panel presser (my wife ! ) checking over the outer panels etc and the noise goes when the plastic panels below the climate control area are pushed in, if that makes sense ?
The car has been free from any unwanted noises up until now.
Any ideas or does anyone know if this is a common fault ?

I've tried a less technical method - banging the plastic panels -  with my hands , this method of course didn't work !
My sat nav has started to play up over the last couple of weeks and I'll have to start up another topic later on .
Regards from Neale.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Honda Jazz 2023 rattles.creaks etc
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 11:57:44 AM »
I experienced similar on my Fabia and I found a spray of silicone lubricant, around the seams, helped quite a bit.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 12:19:56 PM »
I think others have reported an occasional rattle from somewhere inside the infotainment screen area  that defies easy explanation ,precise location or cure.         But if you have identified a joint that reacts differently when pressed then  Jockos suggestion of silicon spray may work well . You could also try stuffing a small amount of removable padding in the joint to limit movement.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 12:22:29 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 01:30:31 PM »
I don't think I have ever owned a car that didn't have a rattle/squeak/tap from the plastic trim. My Jazz (my first Honda) is no different. The passenger side cup holder has a rattle at certain speeds or terrain, and just a quick squeeze of the recess generally stops it. I also get a buzz that seems to come from up near the driver sun shield... but maybe from the rear seatbelt area too. At one time we used to hear a creak from the driver side when on B roads going up and down hills and around bends. Not every journey, and fortunately it seems to have stopped. I have just hit the 10k mark, and these rattles/buzzes are very minimal, and nothing worse has happened. I just think its the nature of plastic on plastic, flexing and reacting to noise/vibration/pitch.

GeoffW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz SR
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 05:16:16 PM »
Occasional dashboard rattle on our 2020 Jazz Mk4 SR which the dealer looked at but couldn't cure. I found it was the narrow horizontal panel between the main dash top and the side window. Some waggling and pushing seems to have cured it. Time will tell. I had a bad rattle in a nearly new Civic a few years ago, which usually stopped if I thumped the dash, until one day I hit it and the engine stopped! Got the garage to collect it, and it was a loose or nearly loose connection to a relay I think.

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2020 CRV e-HEV EX
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 05:15:48 PM »
I resolved 2 rattles on the EX.
One was the cover of the front sensing housing on the windscreen which I pulled away and just put 4 very slim pieces of felt in for the plastic edges to rest against. Can’t be seen with the naked eye and cured it

The other rattle was from the passenger dashboard cup holder garnish, just pulled that off, put in a bit of felt insert and it clipped together more firmly in place with rattle removed.
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 05:41:40 PM »
Reminds me of this old tale about Spike Milligan  :

The late Peter Sellers was always worried about one thing or another.
He also took cars "on approval" saying that he would eventually buy one if it came up to scratch.
One night he drove a Rolls Royce round to the flat of his pal Spike Milligan.
He told him that there was a knocking sound coming from the boot of the expensive car.
Peter told Spike that he was definitely going to buy the car if only he knew what the noise was. He asked Spike to get in the boot and he would drive around Chelsea. When Spike found the source of the noise he was to mark it with
a bit of chalk. For some reason Spike only had his pyjamas on.They drove around and were stopped by a police car for acting suspiciously.
The policeman heard muffled sounds coming from the boot. Peter opened it and there was Spike lying down with a piece of chalk staring at them.
All the policeman said was "Oh its you!!" and then walked away.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 06:16:56 PM by Derkie54 »
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 07:05:17 AM »
Back in the 1920's/1930's Rolls Royce  humorously advertised that a few customers  had  complained about the dashboard clock ticking.  The point being that the car was so quiet in all other respects that you could actually hear the clock .  Honda has followed this  to some extent by pointing out in the handbook that the Mk4 hybrid is often so quiet you can sometimes hear  certain essential functions such as cooling fans quietly running  in the background  that would also be present in conventional cars but inaudible over engine noise.

I'm not saying this is the same as an annoying squeak or rattle.Or that they should be tolerated.  But most cars have these,  but maybe the mk 4 makes them more noticeable. 
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2023, 07:32:10 AM »
Similar to the German manufacturer who had the advert with the couple driving down the road continuously looking around the cabin for a squeak... only to find at the end of the ad, it was the wife's dangly earrings.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 09:46:25 AM »
I had an annoying rattle on one of my 8G Civics. From the drivers seat it sounded like it was coming from the nearside front dash corner.

It was only with a passenger who said it sounded like it was my side.

After investigation it was something hard inside the hard sided centre console. Lined the console with thick felt and rattle gone.
Let's be careful out there !

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2023, 02:02:48 PM »
Generally cars are built to tighter tolerance today . My last two Nissan NOTEs never had any rattles or squeaks nor does my JAZZ . Jazz can be super quiet and you can hear such things as the wiper motor ..sitting in silence at traffic lights is all the more better without any starter motor rattle - you just squirt away in EV ! Drove my wife’s manual yesterday and it is annoying to have the stop start kick in and have to change gear too…

Tags: