Author Topic: Carwow quotes  (Read 3746 times)

FMIB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Carwow quotes
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2023, 04:12:38 PM »
Cars are still in short supply.  I was browsing the Toyota website.  They seem to have stopped importing the new(ish) Camry into the UK.  (British buyers are often obsessed with the idea that luxury cars must be German, although no German manufacturer can rival Toyota for build quality and reliability.)  I was also surprised to see no mention of the RAV 4 in the Toyota range.  Eventually, I found a small note saying that the Rav 4 was sold out.  It didn't mention when they expect to get more for the UK.
Yes the RAV 4 has been sold out for quite some time now, as is the new Lexus NX, where they quote ca mid 2024 delivery.
Not quite sure of the real current reasons for manufacturers supply delays, I don't really buy the semiconductor shortages any more, as reports suggest that the supply issues are just about over.
For me, the significant price rises pushed through by auto manufacturers over the past few years, coupled with the rationalisation of the model ranges, the auto manufacturers are sitting pretty, producing less cars, streamlined manufacturing with less personalisation, whilst raking in significant higher margins per unit manufactured. (But that's just my opinion)

To add, if it was my business, I would not want to increase supply any time soon, as that will potentially lead to lower prices and hence lower margins. If people are willing to pay the asking price and wait months or years for a car to arrive, its a perfect scenario for the manufacturers.
The move to online purchasing continues, which removes the opportunity for price negotiation, maintaining margins. Take a look at Mercedes, order your car on line and nominate your delivery dealer. Fixed model trims and no longer an endless list of options.
Very little incentive at the moment for dealers to offer discounts or throw in freebies.

Good luck on the 5 years service package, like others, mine was a limited offer, only included subject to taking a min £5000 loan(which can be paid off after a min of 6 monthly payments) Wanted to pay cash, but a no brainer at the time.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 07:13:47 PM by FMIB »

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2023, 04:41:27 PM »
Not sure component supplies are back to normal. A colleague bought a brand new Hyundai, driving it home the engine management light came on. It was left to be checked by technicians who found a faulty exhaust gas sensor. But, 2 month wait for the replacement part! He got a refund and bought a Skoda.
I agree with the reduced model range (Jazz colour choice an example) and list prices going through the roof plus making a mint on finance deals at 8.9% APR.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2023, 05:13:37 PM »
Has anyone who has placed an order for the facelifted Jazz, ie(Elegance, Advance Etc) been offered the 5 year service package FOC, or with the Finance deal, if so which dealer did they use?
As I said in a previous post, my dealer wants to charge me £800 inc Vat, not impressed. :(

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2023, 01:07:25 AM »
I was at my local dealer and the earliest delivery for Elegance is for this month but no discount and the 555 is no longer available. The cheapest price from Carwow is £250 off. Often with new cars, there are not much discount.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2023, 04:58:32 AM »
Supply and demand unfortunately.
Let's be careful out there !

Tags: