Author Topic: Jazz manual / user guide and the Infotainment unit  (Read 665 times)

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
Jazz manual / user guide and the Infotainment unit
« on: January 03, 2023, 07:05:45 PM »
Hi, am I correct in assuming that in the UK the Jazz Mk4 comes with the car manual (user guide) installed in the Infotainment unit so a driver can look up information about how to operate the Jazz using the screen in the middle of the dashboard?

Here in New Zealand I got a blank look from the Honda salesperson when I asked if the car manual was available via the Infotainment screen. I have a paper manual which is bulky and kept at home for a reference.

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
Re: Jazz manual / user guide and the Infotainment unit
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 09:07:06 PM »
...I got both. Look at the settings for menu items to be shown on the screen as my user manual option wasn't ticked so didn't appear to be available when it was really.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 04:04:49 AM »
When I first got mine and I was fiddling, I connected it to my home WiFi. As soon as I did I got a message either saying the manual was being installed or updated, can't remember.

If you don't have and carry the paper manual then it could be useful I suppose.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 09:45:51 AM »
IIRC you can download the manual to the infotainment screen if the car is connected to wifi. I didnt bother as I have a paper manual, and a pdf copy on my phone.   I have not yet needed to consult either while actually out and about.

Maybe NZ dealers are unaware of the procedure because there isnt an on-line version  of the manual  specifically for NZ specification cars. They would be reluctant to draw attention to a manual version  that may be wrong in some details, or includes functions and gismos  you might like, but dont get in NZ.  Bad enough if you could have had them on a higher trim, but more so if Honda only fit them  in other countries.   

But it might still be possible to download a UK version to a NZ car.  . It will differ in details  but having the basics may help.  The online Uk manual itself will tell you how.  If it doesnt work on a NZ car you could still have it on your phone. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 10:14:49 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  I will fix that dripping tap.  No need to keep reminding me every 3 months.

Tags: