Author Topic: Anyone else's Jazz unable power-off?  (Read 1559 times)

href

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Mk4
Anyone else's Jazz unable power-off?
« on: September 14, 2021, 12:08:26 PM »
I've recently bought a new Jazz Mk4 and got really unlucky.

Mine has this issue where it sometimes won't detect that the gear is in "P" when trying to shut off the car. The gear actually is in park and before shutting down, the display shows as much. However, pressing the shut-off button causes the car to refuse to shut off. It will show a symbol, asking me to switch to "P".

The only way to fix it, is to drive around some more and to try again at a later time. It will eventually work. Until it does, I cannot stop the car (i.e. the media center stays on) and I am unable to lock it.

I contacted my dealer and they have been trying to find the error, but so far haven't found the cause. They have some theories and a list of parts they will try to replace, but since this issue only happens intermittently, it is hard to debug. I even got the car back at some point because it didn't occur for a week at the dealership, only for it to occur again the next day.

Obviously this is something the mechanics and Honda have to figure out, but I just thought I'd ask if anyone has seen or heard about such a problem. If so, what caused it and did you find some way to reliably reproduce the problem?

Any help appreciated. This is my first car and a new one at that, so I wasn't planning on having it in the shop all the time  ::)

guest9814

Re: Anyone else's Jazz unable power-off?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 04:42:24 PM »
The same trouble happened once with a friend of mine who bought Jazz with me almost a year ago, In her case, everything was fixed simply - she was told by phone from the dealership to move the shift lever to all positions from  P to R> N> D> B and back to P.
Then car successfully powered off.

href

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 07:50:10 PM »
Your trick doesn't really work in my case, but thanks anyway!

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 08:34:14 PM »
The emergency shut down procedure for the insight is to hold the power button for 3 seconds - it might work on the Jazz.

It’s the procedure they give to firefighters/etc in case they come across a crashed one.

href

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 09:17:51 AM »
I tried that as well. Unfortunately the emergency shut-down does not work in this case. According to my dealer, the only way to stop the car in this case is to unhook the battery. That won't solve the problem however, if the battery is back online, the error reappears.

Anyway, looks like I'm pretty much the only one that has this issue regularly. Honda Europe is not aware of anyone else ever having reported this issue. It's under warranty, so eventually all components that could cause the problem will be replaced, but it certainly is not what you want from a new car.

Tags:

anything