Author Topic: Jazz Hybrid - Minor niggle re seat belt notification  (Read 1574 times)

Victor Delta

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid 2021
Jazz Hybrid - Minor niggle re seat belt notification
« on: June 02, 2021, 04:51:26 PM »
Occasionally when setting off, my screen display switches to the one that shows the four seats in the car with green crosses indicating those with seat belts engaged. I presume this is because I have perhaps switched on the engine momentarily before doing up my seatbelt.

What is really annoying is that even though all the appropriate seat belts are on and green, the screen does not automatically disappear and one has to press the home button to return to the normal screen (whichever one you normally use).

Presumably this is a software bug but has anyone found a way of preventing or disabling this minor annoyance?

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
Re: Jazz Hybrid - Minor niggle re seat belt notification
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 06:21:39 PM »
i get the seatbelt reminder display showing all occupied seats fastened, which I can cancel using the home button to get back to my regular display but, in my case, the seatbelt display reverts to the regular display automatically after a while.
Does your seatbelt display still remain present after waiting a few minutes without pressing home button?
I can't remember the seatbelt reminder appearing when I first purchased the car.
I also have to set the lane trace assist button each time I start the car, which I think was automatically enabled when I got the car.
Perhaps it was always like this and I'm not recollecting correctly or maybe an over air software update has changed the configuration.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 06:30:32 PM »
Occasionally when setting off, my screen display switches to the one that shows the four seats in the car with green crosses indicating those with seat belts engaged. I presume this is because I have perhaps switched on the engine momentarily before doing up my seatbelt.

What is really annoying is that even though all the appropriate seat belts are on and green, the screen does not automatically disappear and one has to press the home button to return to the normal screen (whichever one you normally use).

Presumably this is a software bug but has anyone found a way of preventing or disabling this minor annoyance?
I've had this too but it goes off after a couple of minutes or so

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 06:42:08 PM »
Press the home button

Zaier

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV 2020 Executive
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 09:22:24 AM »
It take ages, but after seveal minutes it disappers automatically, anyway I always clear it manually by pressing the home button.

Victor Delta

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 10:03:46 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear it's not just me, although obviously I must be a bit too impatient. I have never left it long enough to find out if it disappears automatically if left long enough. That's fine if someone really is not wearing a seat belt, although I suspect there is also an audio warning in such situations, but if they are the diagram should disappear immediately IMHO (and as in most other cars). Hence my theory that it's a minor software bug.

IanG - Regarding the Lane Keeping Assist System, I have the opposite problem to you and want to turn it off completely, but it keeps coming back on every trip until I disable it (again). There must be a way in the settings to set it permanently on or off!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 02:38:44 PM »
IanG - Regarding the Lane Keeping Assist System, I have the opposite problem to you and want to turn it off completely, but it keeps coming back on every trip until I disable it (again). There must be a way in the settings to set it permanently on or off!
I think there's no way to permanently turn it off - it's a feature which helps the vehicle get its good NCAP safety rating.

I've got no issues with Lane Keep Assist for use on dual carriageways and motorways but the Road Departure Mitigation System is a hazard as it clearly hasn't been designed for lesser British roads.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Victor Delta

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 11:18:39 AM »
Thanks for that. I now realise I have been confusing the two 'sensing' systems - they do seem terribly similar. Looking at the Owners Manual, I see that the Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) only comes on when selected (and switches off after every journey), whereas the Road Departure Mitigation System comes on automatically for every journey even when previously turned off. Still surprised you cannot permanently disable it.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2021, 01:36:21 PM »
You are not the only one who is surprised! But I think I found the reason why. United Nations Regulation. Addendum: 129: Regulation: 130 (Uniform provisions concerning the approval of motor vehicles with regard to the Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)).

Addendum: 129: Regulation: 130

Uniform provisions concerning the approval of motor vehicles with
regard to the Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)

You read under 5.3.1.:
The LDWS function shall be automatically reinstated at the initiation of each
new ignition "on" (run) cycle.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags:

anything