Author Topic: Catalytic Converter Theft  (Read 1017 times)

cookedbacon

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Dsi Sport 2007
Catalytic Converter Theft
« on: March 06, 2021, 03:12:49 PM »
Hi, I have recently been the victim of catalytic converter theft from my 2007 Jazz and unfortunately can't secure where we park it to prevent it happening again once fixed. I am therefore looking to upgrade to a 2018 mk3 Jazz sport as both myself and the wife love the Jazz but I need to know for sure whether these are safe from cat theft. Is the catalytic converter inaccessible within the engine bay or are they still exposed? Any help greatly appreciated.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Catalytic Converter Theft
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 03:16:22 PM »
:welcome:
Inaccessible without a pit of hoist and a lot of work.

Johnocyprus

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT, 2007 CRV EX, 2022 C125 SuperCub, 2003 Izzy
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 10:51:48 PM »
Snap. My wife’s cat was stolen from her  Mk1 and it was a most unpleasant experience to say the least.
It prompted us to upgrade to a 2018 CVT SE which we are bowled over by.  Had the cat not been stolen we’d be soldiering on with the Mk1.  Glad we upgraded.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 09:50:09 AM »
Snap. My wife’s cat was stolen from her  Mk1 and it was a most unpleasant experience to say the least.
It prompted us to upgrade to a 2018 CVT SE which we are bowled over by.  Had the cat not been stolen we’d be soldiering on with the Mk1.  Glad we upgraded.

Civic is pretty much an entirely different vehicle to the Jazz,  people do not seem compelled to overtake a Civic when they are behind one  :o  Although if you get bowled over by any vehicle the results will not be good ( depending on the speed it was traveling when it bowled you over  :-X )
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything