Author Topic: Configurator for MY24 Jazz now available on Honda UK website  (Read 1694 times)

nomis

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY24 Jazz Advance Sport Platinum White Pearl
Configurator for MY24 Jazz now available on Honda UK website
« on: April 19, 2023, 11:18:41 AM »
Still no online brochure (only the price lists) but the configurator is back.

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/jazz-hybrid/configurator.html#configurator/hub

The colour choices are pretty disappointing. Black, dark blue, red or white. The Crosstar gets "Fjord Mist" instead of "Midnight Blue Beam" while the Advance Sport gets "Urban Grey".

All models come with alloys, though the Elegance (15") and Advance (16") look to be variations on the alloy / plastic theme from the outgoing models. Upgrading to "proper" alloys is silly expensive. The Advance plus JA1601 alloys is within a few quid of the Advance Sport, and the latter includes more goodies and a rear spoiler. If you were looking at the Advance and can afford an extra grand (possibly less with discounts) then the Advance Sport is a no-brainer.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Configurator for MY24 Jazz now available on Honda UK website
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 11:45:39 AM »
The choice of colours is disappointing. Would the Advance Sport be in a higher insurance group than the Advance?

If the dealer was offering a trade in, they'd pretty much need to pay me the original purchase price to get me to go for it.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 12:00:07 PM »
Awful colour choice. It was the only thing I was disappointed with when choosing my Jazz. After owning quite a few Renaults previously, I was spoilt for choice with a variety of quite wonderful colours. I settled for Midnight beam.. and in hindsight I wish I had gone for red or Sunlight, but hey ho.

nomis

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY24 Jazz Advance Sport Platinum White Pearl
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 12:30:34 PM »
I've checked two sources (Parkers and GoCompare) and both agree on insurance groups:

Elegance 21
Advance 22
Advance Sport 22
Crosstar Advance 22

Whether insurance companies will charge higher premiums for the Advance Sport because it's got "Sport" in the model name is another matter.

FMIB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 12:48:34 PM »
If i spec the Advance with the Style pack and Sunlight premium paint(minus the two tone)it's just under £30k, or close to £31k if one wants a proper set of alloys.
That's quite a jump from what I paid for my EX Style in November 22

JJazz

• Approved Member
  • Exiled Scot
  • My Honda: 2023 Honda Jazz EX in midnight blue beam metallic
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 03:51:40 PM »
Awful colour choice. It was the only thing I was disappointed with when choosing my Jazz. After owning quite a few Renaults previously, I was spoilt for choice with a variety of quite wonderful colours. I settled for Midnight beam.. and in hindsight I wish I had gone for red or Sunlight, but hey ho.

Midnight blue beam easily the classiest and best. Red the worst. Just a view.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2023, 03:59:59 PM »

But red is the fastest and that's a fact.  ;)

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2023, 05:51:28 PM »

But red is the fastest and that's a fact.  ;)

The Midnight blue is the darkest colour car I have ever owned. It is fantastic when it has just been cleaned... but it is also the quickest car to get dirty I have ever owned too.
I clean it once a month, wax it every three, and yes it really is a nice classy looking paint finish... but it only looks like this for about three days.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2023, 06:41:26 PM »

I’ve always steered clear of any of the dark colours, ie blues, silvers, greys,  in fact anything that blends in with the tarmac and consequently is difficult to see at a distance,
My last 5 cars have been Red, which in my view, is a much safer colour ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 06:45:02 PM by Kenneve »

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2023, 09:21:01 PM »
The choice of colours is disappointing. Would the Advance Sport be in a higher insurance group than the Advance?

If the dealer was offering a trade in, they'd pretty much need to pay me the original purchase price to get me to go for it.
Dealers are offering pretty much the original purchase price as they are desperate for 1 to 2 year old cars at the moment.

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2023, 09:29:37 PM »
Yes I can back up the dealers offer of purchase price + a bit.  Not sure why you would go for a brand new one and pay loads more £££.   If the latest MY version was about the same price, thats a different matter, but its had a huge increase, and that will depreciate faster than the MY21 for sure.   :o

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2023, 09:33:11 PM »
Btw Fjord Mist looks exactly the same as Surf Blue to me, so just a colour rename......

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2023, 01:33:25 PM »
Yes I can back up the dealers offer of purchase price + a bit.  Not sure why you would go for a brand new one and pay loads more £££.   If the latest MY version was about the same price, thats a different matter, but its had a huge increase, and that will depreciate faster than the MY21 for sure.   :o
If you go on Autotrader, a brand new Crosstar EX prices start from £25,275. You can negotiate your trade in prices from these dealers to offer you slightly more than your purchase price & the difference would be appx. 2K or less. If buying on finance (lower monthly payments as you would already have paid a fair chunk of your current car's finance payment ) you would get a brand new car (longer life than your current car by at least two more years) with a new 5 year service plan & negotiate for a 5 year warantee with other items free. Something to think about.

Tags: