Author Topic: servicing intervals  (Read 3485 times)

guest1246

servicing intervals
« on: February 09, 2010, 09:47:12 PM »
My new jazz needs to be service every 7000 miles, I  have done 20,000 in ten months my dealer says this is common?.something to do with the oil management system.Am I having my leg pulled.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: servicing intervals
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:34:55 PM »
Is it the engine management system that's telling you it needs servicing, or your own reckoning?

The engine computer does seem to react to heavy driving by requesting services more frequently.

guest1246

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:48:35 PM »
The car has never been driven heavy at all,the computer informs me I m getting between 48/50 mpg.but at every 7000 tells me it needs to be serviced.Honda say thay some jazzs run like this & honda are aware & are looking into this.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 03:36:25 PM »
My mate had a BMW with a 'service' light on it and couldn't understand it either, seems to be a ploy by car makers to keep their dealerships in work by kidding you into more frequent services.

I have always understood that regular long trips and 'motorway' miles are easier on both the car and the oil than short 'just popping the kids to school' trips where the oil never gets hot, and acids and water soon build up in the oil.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1246

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 11:09:30 AM »
I have A letter from Honda saying that these service intervals are normal,but as you say it keeps you rolling back in for more paying out at the dealerships.They keep saying that they need to send samples of oil away to be checked every time it has been in.has any one else  heard of this.

eljuero

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 Comfort
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 01:22:50 PM »
I don't think service intervals every 7k miles (11.265 kms) is normal if you driving like you say (good mpg). Like I stated in one post I did first oil change at plus 3k miles (my choice) and later service at minus 13k miles. I guess i take care of my car pretty good coz around 9k miles should be normal.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 01:25:50 PM by eljuero »
100+1 HP

Tags:

anything